Chapter 15

I was avoiding Elvis when we were back at Graceland

I was avoiding Elvis when we were back at Graceland. The last thing I wanted to talk about was why I kissed my boss at the concert. There was nothing to talk about. I was kind of forced into kissing my boss.

Pere pressure really one might say. Maybe he would not even want to talk about it. Elvis had gone off to Sun Records that morning when I was out jogging. I went out jogging early in the morning. Way earlier then when Elvis woke. I planned it that way.

We would have to talk at some time. I just was not ready to talk right now. I was back in the kitchen there at Graceland. I cut myself a piece of grape- fruit for breakfast.

I sprinkle some sugar on some of it. And I get myself a cup of coffee. Then head to the counter to have breakfast. I sigh. I was tired. I needed a shower. I was sweaty from the little jog I had this morning. I notice a magazine there on the counter along with Elvis personal mail.

I gasp when I notice that I was on the front cover of one. It was one of Elvis kissing me at the concert. There was a headline "Is Elvis Over Ginger?" it stated on the cover that I attended his concert. And that I might be more, than his nurse.

They think or assumed Elvis and I were dating now?? I fume inside. Elvis planned this! He knew the press would be there. He knew I would have to kiss him! Then he knew it might make Ginger jealous!

That was why he asked me to go to the concert with him. He wanted a female there with him. To make it look like he was not alone. The jerk! I groan. Now all of Memphis assumed I was dating my boss now.

That was anything but true. We were not an item. And we were not anything! I had to call my best friend. She was going to think that we were dating! I bet she already saw this. The phone rings. I head over to answer it.

♡♪♬♪♡

"Hello Graceland, home of Elvis Presley" I answer.

"Sandra! I am so glad you answered" Ginger says on the other end.

I groan inwardly. "What can I do for you?"

"I wanted to check in just to see how he is doing. And if he is keeping on track. I am not heartless you know, and I wanted to see how you were doing?" Ginger asks me.

"I am not dating Elvis if that is why you are calling. I attended the concert with him because he asked me to. I was kind of tricked into kissing him because everyone else in the front row is. Then the press snapped that photo of us" I ramble on.

She laughs. "Thanks for letting me know. That is not why I was calling"

"Oh sorry" I sigh.

"No worries. I really wanted to know how he is" she informs me.

I take a deep breath. "Well he is keeping on track. He lost some weight. He is working hard"

"Good! That makes me so happy. I do miss him. But I had to move on" she mutters. "Elvis will always have a special place in my heart. Always. I hope he keeps doing well"