Chapter 3

Meeting Elvis

Meeting Elvis......

I was going to meet Elvis. After all the years of living in Memphis finally I was meeting my favorite singer of all time. I better remain cool and calm. I was going to be working for the man. Be professional. I hear the clock ding again letting me know that it was noon.

I take a deep breath and head down the stairs there. My hand glides down the long rail there. I see the handsome photo of a younger Elvis Presley hanging on the wall near the stair case. I hear talking downstairs. And laughing. His laughter. I knew it from the movies. From tv. From interviews. That cheery deep laugh. He was here.

I take one more deep breath for good measure. Then I head around that little corner. I see so many people in the dining room. I spot Vernon Presley right away. Elvis father. He had on a dark blue suit and a white shirt. He had a gray mustache under his nose. A happy twinkle in his eyes. Curly gray hair.

I soon see Elvis Memphis Mafia that were always with him. I really had no clue what their names were. I was sure that I was going to get to know them. I spot an African American woman there in a maid outfit standing next to Elvis side. Ginger Alden was on the other side of Elvis as they talked.

♡♪♬♪♡

Elvis!

He was taller in person than I imagined him to be. So much taller than I was. He had on a cowboy hat. His famous side black sideburns caressed the side of his handsome face. His long black hair was tucked under his hat.

He was wearing southern style cowboy get up that day. A bright red shirt. That buttoned up to his collar bone. He wore dark blue jeans that hugged him nicely. I could not tell if he was wearing cowboy boots, but I was almost certain that he was.

Our eyes finally meet from across the room there. I never felt more nervous than I did at this very moment. I clasp my hands together as I wait for someone to talk to me. Kind of welcome me into the conversation.

I did not want to be rude and interrupt anyone. God his eyes were such a bright blue. It was like you could nearly see the sky's reflection from the window to his eyes if he were to look out the window. My throat feels dry. A loss for words. How was I going to talk??