Chapter 34

I was happier than I had been in ages

I was happier than I had been in ages. All thanks to Elvis. Would he really ask me to marry him? He talked about marriage a lot these days.

And I knew in my heart if he asked me that I was going to say yes to him. I would be the next and hopefully last Mrs. Elvis Aaron Presley. The thought thrilled me deep inside to think of a wedding.

I was kind of daydreaming about a wedding in Hawaii. Like the one they had in Blue Hawaii. Where Elvis crooned a romantic love ballad to me. I had to stop daydreaming. I had work to be done. I was working on my paintings. And getting stuff settled in my new office that I loved. 

I was jotting and planning down meal plans for Elvis during the week that Mary could prepare for him. He was wanting to lose more weight the healthy way.

So, I encouraged that all that I could do. I was looking in a Marie Claire magazine and I came across wedding dresses. 

♡♪♬♪♡

"Would you care to have lunch with me doc?" questions Elvis suddenly. 

I shut the magazine so he could not see what I was looking at there.

"I would love to Elvis" I answer his reply. 

"I made lunch and I think you will be enjoying it" he mentions. "come this way"

"Really? You made lunch for us?" I ask.

He offers his arm to me and nods. I smile and take his arm as he leads me away from my desk. I followed him to the backyard where a lunch was set up for us.

There was a little table with chairs. And plates cups. Flowers too. Elvis gets the chair open for me. And I sit down in it. 

♡♪♬♪♡

"So, what are we having for lunch? Do tell" I ask him curiously.

"I made a chef salad. And for dessert strawberries dipped in chocolate. And tea for beverage" he explains the menu.

"I am impressed. A lot of my favorite healthy choices there" I praise him.

He beams with pride.

"You taught me a few things" he reminds me.

Music plays for us on the overhead speakers he had set up. He pours me some lemon ice tea. And then we have a lovely chef salad.

With ranch dressing too. Light dressing. We chatted away. And had the best talk. I felt closer to Elvis every conversation that I had with him. 

♡♪♬♪♡

"Elvis this is a fantastic salad" I say as I take a biteful of my meal. I was enjoying it.

"I am glad doc. I know you love to take care of me. And that is your job too. But I know I am getting better everyday. And I wanted to take care of you as a man should take care of his woman" he says sweetly to me. I blush with pleasure.