L.Norris - Hurts To See You With Her (P1)

Start from the beginning

How can I move on from Lando? He is the perfect man for me. I don't want to lose him because of someone else.

*Ring Ring*
Who can that be?
"Y/n! I have big news," Chantelle said face timing me in the middle of the night.

"Yes?" I said trying to sound happy.

"He proposed!" She said showing me her finger with a big diamond ring on her finger.

"Congrats!" I said excitedly and hung up. I couldn't take it anymore. I throw my phone somewhere in the room and started crying. I don't know why but I'm supper emotional at this moment.

He is 19 years old, almost 20 and he's engaged?! She is 26 so that's not a problem but Lando is still young. I wish I was older... But no, I'm 19 and apparently Lando only goes for the older girls.

I can't believe him. Why didn't he tell me, his best friend? I don't even want to talk to him right now. I don't want to know when's the marriage and I don't even want to go.

I'm going back home. I don't want to watch the race tomorrow. I don't want anything to do with him. I pack my bags as fast as I can and book the earliest plane ticket to Ireland, my home. I want to tell Carlos that I'm leaving but I don't want him to come stop me and he has to sleep because of his qualifying later today since it's already Saterday.

I lay on my bed, set my alarm for 5:00 AM. I close my eyes hoping to forget what just happened. I remember the time we met.

*Flashback*

I was walking around the Go Karts track near London. My twin brother was racing his first International Go karts Competition. It was my first time in England and I'm loving it here. My brother has bigger dreams than me and we are only 15 years old.
I was looking for Matthew, my brother, when I saw a boy in a racing suit about my age.

"Hello there, have you seen my brother, Matthew? He is one of the racers" I said smiling at the handsome boy.

" I'm sorry. I only saw him when we had the meeting, but I can show you the way to my heart." he said and gave me a wink.

"Smooth... I have to go Pretty Boy. I'll see you later and goodluck."

I was about to leave when he spoke again, "Can I please have your number?"

"I will give it to you later." I winked.

"Let's make a deal. If I win, I get your number... If I don't, I'm the unluckiest boy to have let you slip through my fingers."

"I like your pick-up lines Pretty Boy. Deal, I'll see you after the race."

Throughout the race, I learned that his name is Lando Norris. He actually won the race.

"I won," I heard Lando's voice behind me while I was on my phone.

"You are not that unlucky afterall. Give me your phone Prince Charming."

Our friendship only grew from thereon. And the 'I love you' turned into more. I never said anything because Lando is my best friend and he is way too special to lose for a stupid little crush.

*End of flashback*

I wake up to my alarm ringing loudly in my ear. I took a shower, ate breakfast, did my morning routine and sit on the couch and wait for my cab. It is 5:32 A.M. now and my cab is arriving in 18 minutes.

The cab finally arrived after what felt like forever. I got in the cab, greeted the driver and told him to take me to Malpensa Airport (In Italy). After booking in I got on the plane and flew to Ireland. Only 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Eventhough I'm mad and upset with Lando right now, I still care about him. He has always been there for me and the other way around too. What am I going to tell my parents? Lando got engaded... My parents always thought we will get married , well they thought wrong.

*2H & 30 min later*

I got my bag and went HOME!

I unlocked the door of my parent's house with the extra key they gave me just before I left for the Italian Grand Prix.

"Who's at the door?" I heard my mom's voice from the kitchen.

"Mom!" I shouted back.

" Y/n? Why are you here? You are suppose to come back on Monday," she asked with concern.

I just started to cry again. I told her the whole story. "How can he just get engaged and not tell you anything? Has he talked to you since yesterday?"

"No, not at all. Not a call, nor a message."

"Go unpack your bags. I'll call your father."

"Is he at work?"

She nods and went back to the kitchen while I go upstairs to my room to unpack my bag. Must I call him? No, stay strong!

Ring Ring...

Ugh, can I woman never rest?

Without looking who it is, I answered. "Hello?"

"Where are you? You are not at your hotel room. Are you okay?" I heard the Spanish man say.

"Yes, Carlos, I'm fine."

"Then where are you?"

"I'm at home."

"You mean Ireland? What about our race? Does Lando know?" When Carlos said that, my heart dropped to the floor. He doesn't even know I'm gone, which means he doesn't care. "Are you still there?"

"Yes, sorry, I zoned out for a moment."

"What's wrong?" He asked with concern in his voice.

"I was homesick," I lied.

"I know you are lying. You saw your family the beginning of this week."     Does he even know about the engagement? Obviously!

"It's nothing. Goodluck with the Quali. I'll call you after, bye," I said fast and hung up.

*Lando's POV*

"Carlos, mate, have you seen Y/n?" I asked Carlos. We just finished Qualifying and I haven't seen her at all today.

"No, because she flew back to Ireland this morning," he said calmly while we walk to the press.

"Why? What? Why didn't she tell me?" I stuttered looking at Carlos while I stop making him stop as well.

"Look, Lando. I don't know why she didn't tell you, She didn't even tell me, but I know one thing for sure... She likes you Lando, I even think she loves you. She cares for you more than anything else in this world. She will take a bullet for you. She is always there for you even if you had a bad race and want to hurt everyone around you. She always smile around you, but recently she's been hurting because she feels like you are pushing her away. I think she's upset because you proposed to Chantelle and you didn't even tell he-" he said but I interrupted him.

"Chantelle got engaged with Mark ,her boyfriend of 5 years. Chantelle is like a sister to me and you know that Carlos! She is 6 years older than me. I like Y/n! I like the way she smiles when I get her ice cream. I love the way she laughs even if my jokes suck. I like it how she is always there for me no matter what. She always makes me smile. She always supports me, she is the love of my life," I whispered the last part to myself realizing it for the first time. I'm in love with Y/n!

Carlos only smiled. My smile dropped, "Wait... She thinks I'm engaged! Carlos!"

"We can't go now, we have a race tomorrow. Try calling her."

I take out my phone and dial her number. Please pick up.

"Hello, I'm sorry I'm not on my phone right now. I'll call you back." Her angelic voice said. What have I done?

********

That was my first imagine. Hope you injoyed it.
A part 2 is on its way!