L.Norris - Hurts To See You With Her (P1)

I'm walking around the paddock with Lando by my side. Everyone knows we are only friends but I want more.
We've been friends for 4 years and I've liked him for 2 years and he hasn't suspect a thing.

"Do you want to come with me to the beach after second practice?" He asked with his bright smile and his 'the-doc-tor' hat.

"Yeah, sure. I just want to take a shower at the hotel and get my swimwear."

"I'll just tell Chantelle and Carlos to wait for us there." he said walking away to take pictures with fans while I stand alone waiting.

Obviously Chantelle has to be there. She is absolutely perfect. She studied at Harvard University, played every sport possible, cheer captain, won many Pageant awards, her father is a famous actor and her mom is a world record breaking athlete and her brother a MotoGP driver, she volunteers at homeless shelters, feed the poor, never says a mean thing and to top it all of she is a world known model... Yes... A model. And what am I? A nobody.

They are always spending time together and talking like they are never going to stop. When Lando and I go out to the movies, Chantelle is there right beside Lando leaving me to third wheel but they haven't make it official. That's why I'm making sure Carlos is there to keep me company.

I decide to leave Lando and let him be with his fans. I took the fastest route back to the hotel since it isn't that far from the track.

I took a quick shower making sure to shave my legs. I put on my newest bikini I bought yesterday. I put on a summer dress with my favorite hat and call Carlos to know where they are.

I arrive at the beach and saw Lando and Chantelle at the bar and Carlos laying on his towel with his shirt off and on his face.
I lift the shirt slowly to see a tired looking Carlos.

"Hola y/n. I was wondering when you will show up, " he sits up straight while I throw my towel open on the warm white sand.

"Sorry, " I said laughing at his puppy dog eyes.

"You abandoned me all alone," he said dramatically "but I still love you" he gives me a big Carlos-hug and smile "Race you to the water," with that he starts running.

"Cheater," I said running after him.

The water hits my feet giving me goosebumps everywhere. I love this, me being happy. I feel Carlos splashing me from my left-hand side.
Game on, mi amigo!

We start having a splash competition. I accidentally fell and I took this opportunity to take revenge. I made it look like I was drowning but I'm fine. Carlos came and tried to help me. I grab him by his neck and pushed him under water.

After a couple of more splashes, we decide to go back to our towels. I see Chantelle and Lando laying side by side and him playing with her hair.

I look at Carlos rolling my eyes. "Want so. E ice cream?" He asked knowing my feelings towards Lando.

Carlos was the one who saw me looking at Lando with sparkling eyes. He knew from that moment that I liked Lando and when he asked me I couldn't deny it.

"Yes please," I said taking my bag and towel.

"Where are you going?" Lando asked looking at me for the first time since a came here.

"To get ice cream," Carlos said taking my hand and we left just like that.

"It hurts seeing him with her."

"I know. Let's get chocolate and vanilla ice cream."

I arrive back home on midnight. After ice cream, Carlos and I went to go to the bowling alley, I won.