Part Sixty-Seven

Gilbert felt relieved, as well as happy. He went back home and started cooking dinner.

After talking to Iris for a few minutes, Violet started walking home, thinking about what Iris have told her. When she reached home, she opened the door and went inside.

"Oh, Welcome back Violet."

Violet smiled, "I'm back, I'll just change first."

Gilbert nodded, and went back to finishing his dish. It was a simple stew, well, that's actually all he could cook, but it was delicious so no one judged.

After dinner, they went back to their room, and there they started to talk. They both sat down together on the side of the bed, waiting for a minute to process what to say.

Gilbert looked down at each others laps and held Violet's hand. Violet looked at their hands then at Gilbert.

"Look, Gilbert, it's not like I don't want to marry you, it's just that...now...getting married right now is..." Violet said, sighing a little.

Violet continued, "I love you, I know that, you know that, but what I don't know is when this marriage thing is okay for me...I do want to get married to you, but...not right now."

She looked at Gilbert, and held his hand a little tighter. "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, but I'm telling you this because I trust you. I trust that you can make a decision for me, for...us, and whatever that is, I'll support it."

Gilbert was a bit suprised, he heard her words and it made him happy, and he understood her thoughts into his words, so he decided.

"Thank you, I..." Gilbert looked into Violet's eyes, "I have made a decision, and I hope you like it..." He kneeled down on the floor on one knee and brought out something in his pocket.

" He kneeled down on the floor on one knee and brought out something in his pocket

"I was going to make it into a necklace but...umm...this is a promise ring, it means you can't leave me, I want to stay with for the rest of my life, that means I'll wait for you to be ready, for now, I'm very happy that I will be living with you.....so will you engaged with me for the time being?" Gilbert said and asked with hopeful eyes.

Violet smiled, almost tearing up, she was happy that Gilbert understood her, and more than happy to be engaged with him for the time being. "I will."

They shared a warm embrace, lasting a good few seconds before kissing each other on the lips.

"Thank you, I love you, Violet Evergarden." Gilbert whispered.

"I love you too, Gilbert Bougainvillea." Violet whispered back.

They both said each others full name, acknowledging that they are who they are with each other and nothing other than that.

Thus, a years later, Miss Evergarden is no longer but a Bougainvillea.