Part Fifty-Two: Mission 4

Gilbert woke up 4 in the morning and changed into his gear. He got up ate some breakfast then left. He didn't mind writing a message to Violet saying that he's leaving because he expected the mission to be done by noon.

He walked to the naval office and recited the fairly simple steps to the mission. The two infiltration team which consists of 4 people each will go from either side of the pirates ship. The frontier squadron, which is them, will go after the Infiltration team when the go signal is given, when inside the infiltration team will search for hostages or civilians on the ship, while the frontier will sweep the ship of all the pirates. And given all goes well return the stolen items back to the owners.

And if not all goes well, then there will be back-up who will cover the area inside. And since the succession rate of the skills of our side of the court is higher than theirs, then we have a shot at this.

They expected most of the possibilities the enemies will use on them, but what they didn't expect was that the enemy side call reinforcements, one of which was one of Leiden's own.

(Flashback)

It was the afternoon and Violet wanted to visit Mr. Oscar, seeing that Gilbert was busy with work, she felt a little bored, so she went. On the way there, she heard someone calling her. 

"Miss Violet Evergarden, is that you?" The stranger spoke.

"Yes? Do I know you?" She said.

"I suppose not, but we do need your help." 

"Uhh, with what exactly?"

"Well, maybe if you could come with us?"

Violet hesitated but didn't want to be rude to not help a person in need, so she went. She and the people who guided her there, was in front of a ship. A pretty old but sturdy one at that, it was one that you would think was stolen from a company, and it was, but she didn't know that.

They told her that the government called assassins on them thinking they were some pirate ship. Saying that they didn't call for help because they thought that they would snitch on them. She was a bit reluctant but opted to help them.

(End Flashback)

She felt really angry at the government for doing this to a bunch of fishermen, making a big and noticeable mistake as to killing them.

Violet was inside the ship, ready to kill the 'backstabbers of the state'. She was tricked into thinking that the government was planning to kill 'fishermen' that was just doing their jobs. At first she agreed to help them, but now that she was there she was wary. She thought about it while she was in position. 'Those guys had fake sorrow in their eyes the first time she met them. They all also have some sort of training to get those well-built bodies and improvised skills when I saw them jump off the ship.'

She was wearing a given outfit the 'fishermen' gave her, it was of a man's. She also had a full mask, with the out print of just the color white.

Then just as she finished thinking that thought, she heard slight noises from outside. She got ready and jumped on top of the man who entered the ship and knocked him out. She fought with the others too, but it lasted for more than a minute.

When she in the war, she took out dozens of people in a minute, but she guested that she was just rusty. She knocked them out cold and waited for a bunch of other people attack her, while doing so she noticed that the men who she just knocked out was wearing navy army uniform not government army. 'Why is the navy fighting here.'

Then she heard a static, "Infiltration Team A, check-in, I repeat Infiltration Team A, check-in. We're coming in, hang-on."

'What?! Who's coming?!' Violet was unprepared and became more wary of her surroundings.

Then, she heard loud footsteps running to her direction.

"Hey you!" 

'G-Gilbert?!'