Part Twenty: We'll travel

Violet changed and ate breakfast. She wrote a note to Gilbert saying she'll be working and then she walked to work.

Violet went to work with her new arms, expecting to write mails.

She saw Jewel, waiting for her in front of the door. She ran up to her, feeling cramps and soreness from her wound but not enough to cause pain.

"Hey! Glad you came." Violet said.

They walked in the Postal Company. Violet greeted the reception and headed to the president's office, with Jewel following her.

Violet knocked on the door.

"Come in."

Violet opened the door and gestured to Jewel to follow her inside.

"Oh, Violet! Aren't you supposed to be on bed rest?" said Claudia.

"No, my doctor said it is okay as long as I don't feel pain while standing, which I don't, plus I only feel sore when I do something extreme now." said Violet.

"Okay then, who is this then?" Claudia said, pointing at Jewel.

Then Jewel introduced herself.

"Hello sir, My name is Jewel Cairo, a friend of Violets and I was hoping I could get a job  here?" Jewel was nervous.

"Mmm, let me see. Can you write?" asked Claudia.

"I can sir." she replied.

"Well, how about you become a Auto Memory Doll. I do need more writers since we've been getting a lot of requests. Oh, that reminds me you have been requested, Violet. They said they live in this address." He said, handing over a envelope.

"Okay then, when do I leave?" asked Violet.

"At noon, and Jewel was it? What's your answer?" asked Claudia.

"Of course!" Jewel excitedly replied.

"Great! Then you can accompany Violet on her journey and learn from her. Is that okay Violet?" asked Claudia.

"Yeah." Violet replied.

"It's settled then, you two can leave at noon, take care." said Claudia, then went back to work.

"Okay then, I'll meet you here at noon. Prepare clothes for two days and a pen and paper for noting down. We need that, got it?"

"Yeah!"

Violet walked home and prepared for the journey. She brought her jacket, and she wore her old arms with her new gloves and brought her typewriter.

"Hey, I got requested at work, I'll be back in two to three days." Violet said to Gilbert.

"Oh, okay, I'll miss you." said Gilbert.

Violet smiled, "Me too."

They exchanged hugs and Violet left.