Part Eighteen: New Friends

Violet was still looking for Gilbert, as she was about to walk in a market, she heard voices in an alley.

"Look what we have here!"

"A fine lady like you shouldn't be walking alone. How about we walk you home?"

"I'm sorry but I don't want you walking me home, I can go myself."

As this young lady was about to leave, the men pulled on her arms and said, "You're not going anywhere, if we don't get you boss will be angry."

"Yeah! We already lost one of our newbies, we could use lady like you to lighten up the mood." The other one said, as he put his face closer to the girl.

Violet saw this and dropped her bag to the side and stepped in.

"What you gonna do girly? Are you gonna punch me with that metal arm you have?"

"Nope, I'm going to do something better." Violet replied.

Let's just say what happened next wasn't pretty.

"Wait here." said Violet, getting a rope from the box. She came back and tied the rope tightly around both of the men's torso, then dragged them out the alley.

"Aren't you coming?" Violet said to the young lady.

She took Violet's stuff and ran in front of her. She bowed and said, "Thank you for helping me, I'll help you carry your stuff while we go to the office."

Violet smiled at her, "Okay then."

Many people stared at Violet while they walked to the office.

"Hello! How may I help...you." The receptionist said. "Really Violet? Within a week you managed to capture 3 active members of the Red Scorpions. We worked for months to find atleast ONE, and you come in here effortlessly handing me two."

"Well, I happen to be there so..." said Violet.

He sighed, "Okay then, who's that behind you?"

"Oh, this person was being harassed by these so, I kicked their butts." Violet said, throwing the men in a cell.

"Okay, can you sign this form for me? Just to show that one of the guards didn't do that..." he said, pointing to the men. "to them."

"Yeah, of course!"

"Oh, that reminds me, where's Major Gilbert?" he asked.

"Oh, right, almost forgot about him, can you give him a call? Tell him that I'm in here, but don't tell him a brought in a Red Scorpions member." Violet thought about the time Gilbert told her that he would kill who ever was a Red Scorpions member for what they did to her.

Violet was exhausted, she hasn't had that much exercise in the whole year. So she sat down at one of the waiting seats, breathing heavily.

"You okay there Violet?"

"Yeah thanks, James" Violet replied.

James was a recruit at the battle of Intense and he managed to work at the office after the war. He became friends with Violet when she recognised him from the battle and invited him for her party.

"Oh right, I haven't introduced myself properly. My name is Violet Evergarden." She said reaching out her hand.

The lady accepted the hand shake and said, "I'm Jewel, Jewel Cairo."