Part Twenty-Two: Trip Back Home

When they finished writing, they drove back on the Jeep. Violet gave the letter to Tracker, then left on the train back to Leiden.

"Hey Violet." said Jewel.

"Yeah?" asked Violet.

"Why'd you become an Auto Memory Doll?" asked Jewel.

Violet thought about it, is Jewel a person who can keep a secret?

Then Violet smiled softly, "Well, during the Intense, we ran into enemy territory. We knew that they had a lot of soldiers, but we underestimated them and they got an upper-hand."

She gripped her arms, "I got both of my arms blown off, and Gilbert was shot in the eye and became unconscious. I couldn't just leave him there even if I didn't have my upper limbs, I had to take him with me."

Violet shedded a tear, remembering what he said, "He said, 'Live...and be free. From the bottom of my heart... I love you.', I couldn't just leave him, I shouldn't, but I did. He ordered me to, I did truly love him, but I didn't know that at the time."

She looked out the window, trying not to cry. "When I woke up, I wasn't in the battlefield anymore. I was in a hospital, recovering from my wounds. I wasn't capable of understanding emotions at that time, I didn't know what I love you means. So I entered a job where the writer has to have emotions to write."

"I thought that this job could help me. And after a lot of clients, I finally knew what I love you mean't. But that was the time they told me, that he was dead. I couldn't believe that and I didn't. I waited for him until he came, and he did." She said smiling.

"Uhh...why are you crying?" said Violet.

"Because it's a beautiful story, you get a happy ending." Jewel said, her face still covered with tears.

"Mmm, I guess it is." 'Hopefully it's a happy ending for him too'