Part Seventeen: Mister Cairo

They ate their breakfast and went out the door.

Gilbert and Violet walked down the streets of Leiden, not a care in the world now that they revealed their secrets already.

As they walked, many people murmured and stared at them. Some knowing Gilbert and Violet because of their given title of 'Evergarden' and 'Bougainvillea', one of many rich households.

And some know them famously by their actions in the battle of Intense.

(They know because the nations allied a peace treaty.) Major Gilbert Bougainvillea or otherwise known as the battle tactician. Said to be given the Major title after only 4 months he entered, when the previous Major retired.

And Specialist Private Violet or otherwise known as Leiden's War Maiden. Said to have entered the Military at age 10 and become a major assest in winning the battle.

They entered a pharmacy, hoping that they will find what they need here.

"Hey Violet, you look here, I'm going to see in the other markets." Gilbert said.

"Okay." Violet said, then walked in.

"Welcome! How can I help you today?"

"We're looking for eye patches, for likely disposable ones." Violet said.

"Okay, please wait a second. Here you go!" He said handing over a box of eye patches.
"May I ask what you need it for?"

"Oh, I just want to cover up a scar in my partners eye." Violet said. "Hmm, do you have prosthetics?"

"Yup, I'm guessing the arm kind?" He said, eyeing Violet's arms or lack there of.

Violet nodded in response.

"Okay then, what kind of material do you want it to be made out of?" He asked.

"Mmm, can you give me something light? Maybe less than 3 kilos?" She asked, while looking around.

"M'kay, let me see...aha! This is a light one but it's still functional. I think this is made out of aluminium." He said, showing the arms to her in a box.

"Wow, can I test it out?"

"Of course!" He said, as he saw Violet putting on the arm. While doing so, he asked. "So how'd you lose it?"

"What?"

"You arms."

"Oh, umm, war."

"Oh, a victim?"

"No, a soldier."

"Really? A young lady like you?"

"Yeah, for 4 years."

"What?!"

"Yeah, so how much for both of it mister?" Violet asked, putting the patches and box on the counter.

"Hmm, how about this, let's have a arm wrestling contest. If you win, you get both of them free of charge. But if you lose, you pay for it full price. And don't tell me it's unfair since you've just told me you were a soldier." The middle-aged man challenged.

"Okay then, sounds fun."

And everyone knows who won already.

"Thanks for shopping at my store..." he waited for her name.

"Violet, Violet Evergarden. And thank you as well, mister..." she said, doing the same.

"Aciel, Aciel Cairo." He said, smiling. "Shop here again Violet! I'll give you discount!"

"Okay then, Mister Cairo, see you next time!" She said, as she started looking for Gilbert in the markets, with a plastic bag and a box at hand, using her new arms.