Part Fourteen: Nightmares

Violet is up in the early in the morning, where the sun is not even up, still recovering from her occasional nightmares.

After Gilbert appeared, the nightmares lessened and she would finally sleep the rest of the night peacefully.

She sighed heavily and hoped that she wouldn't have them often as they were terrifyingly realistic.

She layed back in bed and felt a hand brush up her side, seeing Gilbert's head on the bed, she smiled lightly, almost forgetting that she isn't alone anymore.

She closed her eyes in hope of getting a little more sleep for the party later.

"Gilbert, good morning!" she said as she yawned.

Gilbert turned away and scoffed.

Violet thought it was odd but shrugged it off. She went downstairs as she was greeted by the maids and bulters there.

She looked up at the stairs and saw Gilbert walking down with something in his hand.

"Have you had breakfast yet Gilbert?" Violet asked. But wasn't answered. As she turned, she felt throbbing pain in her side.

She saw Gilbert wearing a disgusted face. "Gilbert?"

"Why do you think I took you in huh? I did it out of pity. Why do you think I took you with me in the war? I did it so you could die there, so didn't have any responsibilities. I didn't really mean what I said when I said 'I love you' I did that because I thought you were going to die! 'Cause I thought I was going to die. But I didn't and you didn't either, I was forced to live this way because of you!" Gilbert was angry.

Violet never thought she'd hear this from him. She was hurt, it hurt, not because of the wound but because of her chest.

It felt so heavy like it was made of stone, it made it hard for her to breath. Her heart was beating so fast, and she couldn't stop her tears from falling.

Her legs gave up on her and knelt down. She felt horrible.

It was a dream. It was a dream? Her eyesight is so blurry, she just recognised that she was crying.

It was morning, and she didn't see Gilbert sleeping by her side. She felt a sharp pain in her side and she clutched it, making a loud whimpering sound.

The door shot open, showing Gilbert. He rushed to her side. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay, it just hurts." she whimpered in pain, letting a tear down her face.

"Hey, it's okay, I'm to ease your pain. Atleast distract you from it." Gilbert said, smiling.

Violet smiled back, feeling a little bit better as Gilbert kissed her cheek.

She thought nothing of her dream because she saw Gilbert's loving eyes showing none of the things he said in the dream, deeming true. Right?