Part Forty-Six: Peaceful Time

Gilbert, Violet, and Dietfried stepped out of the train, recognising familiar faces as they walk towards home.

"Hey, Gilbert, Mr. Dietfried, did Iris come back with you?" Cattleya asked, then looked at the person in Gilbert's arms. "Is that Violet?" She added.

"Well, you see Ms. Iris said she already talked about her early Autumn leave to Hodgins, so she said she'll be staying in her hometown for a couple of weeks. And as for Violet, she is ill and will be needing rest for a couple of days." Dietfried explained.

Cattleya nodded, "Okay, thank you for informing me, I'll do you a favor and tell this to Claudia later (Cattleya was eyeing Dietfried's injuries and Violet's state.), after I take Jewel here a tour on where our sponsors are." She said, then bowing. "Excuse us." Then walking to another direction, with Jewel following close behind her.

When they entered the door to their home, they were greeted by the brothers mother.

Dietfried was the one to recieve a hug from her, and then earning a grunt from him.

"Sorry, sorry, I was just so worried. There were rumors that you were injured by some thugs." Their mother cried out.

Dietfried and Gilbert chuckled at their mothers tactics.

"I'm fine, just some scratches, they're healing fine. Violet is the one we should be worried about though, she caught a fever while we were in Kazaly." Dietfried glanced at Violet who was shivering and quietly whimpering in pain.

"Oh, okay I'll call a doctor, lay her in her bed for now."

"Okay, I'll do that. Dietfried, have the maids help change your bandages, please." Gilbert said to his brother. He knew that his brother is all kinds of stubborn, though he doesn't show it.

Dietfried sighed and went up the stairs alongside Gilbert.

Gilbert carried Violet into their room and closed the door with his feet. "Hey, wake up, let's get you changed and then you can go right back to sleep."

Violet woke up and stood up. Her legs were weak so Gilbert told her to sit by the bed. Gilbert took some clothes out of her closet and layed them on the bed.

He helped change Violet (It is okay because  of that morning. Plus they aren't awkward with each other anymore.), and layed Violet on the bed, covering her with the comforter.

He gently brushed Violets hair out of her face and checked her temperature, it was still warm, so he'll just leave that to the doctor.

He took some clothes out of his closet and layed in the bed as well. He removed his uniform and changed into more comfortable clothing. He putted the dirty clothes in the hamper and walked towards the curtain.

He dimmed the blinds and sat on the chair near the bed. He layed back and thought, 'The doctor's going to come here later in the afternoon, might as well get a little shut eye before he/she comes.'

The doctor walked inside Gilbert and Violet's room, he heard that Ms. Violet was sick so he entered and closed the door behind him.

He thought that Mr.Gilbert would be there, and he is, the doctor saw Gilbert sleeping on a chair. He quietly chuckled at the scene, he took a fleece blanket that was on the foot of the bed and cover Mr. Gilbert with it.

He checked Ms. Violet and thought of it as a simple cold. He took some cold water and dipped a small towel in it. He removed the excess water from the towel and laid the towel on Ms. Violet's forehead.

He left a plastic bag with some pills, and a note with the instructions for the pills on the night stand. He smiled at the young couple before leaving the room.