♡ BONUS ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

Jin's POV

"So," I start, running my finger over the rim of the champagne glass on the table in front of me. "You're the son of a chef?"

Lucas. Gorgeous, beautiful, dreamy, young Lucas.

He is sitting across from me at the other end of the small table for two, his light brown hair styled perfectly on his head, out of the way so I can see his deep brown eyes. He has big lips. I gulp at the observation.

"Well, not exactly," he replies, using his fork to pick up some of the food on his place to take a quick bite. "Step son, actually."

"So, he's not blood," I nod. "Makes sense. You don't look like him at all."

He chuckles, taking another bite of food. "You're from Korea, I take it since you know the Korean language so well," he comments.

"Yeah, Seoul, but I went to college in America and now I'm here," I explain to him.

"In Japan."

I hum, taking a sip of my champagne.

"Just to learn how to cook?" He asks.

I raise an eyebrow. "I already know how to cook, sir," I reply.

He laughs. "I have zero proof of that," Lucas teases, tilting his head in an endearing way.

I bite my lip. "Anyway," I continue. "No, I'm not here just to cook. I actually came because I got accepted an apprenticeship at a law firm here. I work there most of the time, but my friends encouraged me to also take on cooking because I used to do it all the time."

"Why did you stop?"

My heart skips a beat at the memory. "Unsupportive parents, I suppose."

He gives me a look of sympathy. "Why didn't they support you? Cooking can be a great source of income."

I look away and play with the food on my plate with my fork. "All my parents have ever wanted for me is for me to be a lawyer and I'm finally getting that opportunity, so..."

"So, you're a lawyer by force, not by choice?" He finishes for me.

I shake my head instantly. "No, it's not like that. There's nothing wrong with being a lawyer."

"But it's not what you long to do," he looks deep into my eyes, finishing my thoughts as if he can read my mind.

I swallow thickly. "N-no, I guess not."

He smiles a small, sympathetic smile at me and takes another bite of food. "You know, there's nothing worse than being stuck in a life that doesn't make you happy."

I blink up at him. "I'm not unhappy. At least I'm getting to cook in some way and I'm still able to make my family happy. It's not so bad."

He purses his lips and looks down at his plate. "What about those friends of yours that you were talking about?"

"What about them?"

"Did they make you happy?" He asks softly.

I chuckle. "Very happy. I miss them a lot," I sigh.

"Were you," he starts, biting the inside of his cheek hesitantly, "involved with any of them?"

My smile widens slowly. "In what way?"

He looks at me with a blank look on his face. "Are there different kinds of ways to be involved with someone?"

"Yes," I answer plainly.