♡ 28 ♡

♡ ♡ ♡

Jimin's POV

"1-2-3-4, come on, Macy. I've seen you jump higher than that," I speak loudly into the studio as the young dancers go through the steps of my choreography over and over again.

Being a dance teacher for kids is fun and we usually have a lot of fun together, but since everything with Namjoon, my mood hasn't been where it should be. I've been snappy and mean and impatient. The kids are basically running out the door once the class is over, all except this one boy who usually stays after for extra lessons. His name is Taehyun.

He's like a younger brother to me. We laugh together, we've cried together, and we've raged together. And today isn't any different.

"Jimin-ssi?"

I hum without looking up at him.

"You seem on edge."

I scoff. "Do I really? I hadn't noticed."

"It's actually pretty obvious. I'm surprised no one has told you yet. It's really scary and everyone is running away from--" he stops suddenly to find me glaring at him. "You were being sarcastic, weren't you?"

I nod. "Very much so." I plop down onto the floor of the dance studio. "Of course I can see how grumpy I am."

"Why do you think you're so upset?" I hear him sigh before continuing. "Is it that Nomjoom guy?"

"Namjoon is his name," I snap. I close my eyes and take a deep breath, realizing that I just unintentionally lost my temper again. "I'm sorry, Taehyun."

"Look, I understand. There was this one girl. She was so beautiful and gorgeous and everything you could ever think of, but when I moved here I had to leave her and it sucked so bad," he shakes his head and looks down at his lap in an obvious effort to make me feel better.

I blink. "Tae, you're a kid. You still have time. Anyways, I'm sure she wasn't all that since, you know, she's only a kid and hasn't grown into...all that."

He laughs. "First of all, why are you talking like you're so close to your grave? Dude, you're in your early twenties. And second, when did I say she was a kid?" He smirks at me, making me cringe.

"Gross."

He shrugs. "How much older is Namjoon than you? I'm sure he is older by the way you talk about him. Tall, smart, handsome, mature, boring--"

"I never said he was boring," I point out.

"Oh, I added that part because he so obviously is! Why do you like this guy so much? He sounds kinda like a douche to me," he crosses his arms over his chest.

I sigh and look down at my lap. "It doesn't matter anymore. It's over between us."

"Ahhhh," he chuckles. "So, you finally called him out on his bullshit."

"Watch your language," I can't help but laugh. "But, yeah, I did and he didn't seem to like it very much."

"Well, duh! That just adds to his bad-boy image," at this his eyes widen. "I just realized why you like him so much."

I shake my head. "He's not a bad-boy. I-I don't really know what he is, to be honest."

"Well, I personally think you're better off without him. He was treating you like garbage. You deserve better," he gives me a single nod to back up his statement.

"I don't know," I trail off, hesitantly.

Taehyun opens his mouth to speak, but the door opening behind us makes us jerk our heads to the side.