♡ 17 ♡

still taehyung's pov by the way

~JJ

♡ ♡ ♡

Right when I knock on his door, I'm basically pulled into his room with the door shut and locked right behind me. I look around his room and I, for some reason, expected it to be trashed or some shit. But it's perfectly fine. His blankets are a bit ruffled because he was obviously sleeping in his bed, but other than that, his room is normal.

"Are you inspecting my room for signs of mental illness?" He suddenly cuts through my thoughts and I jerk my head to look at him.

I chuckle. "No," I walk over to him and he backs up onto his bed. I sit next to him, maybe a little too close, but he doesn't move away and neither do I. "Are you okay?"

He gives me a smile. The smile is so obviously fake that it hurts my heart. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

"Jungkook, you locked yourself in your room. You ran right past Jimin when you got home today. He said you were sobbing...loudly. He's worried about you," I frown.

His smile fades and he looks down at his feet. "I know. I'm sorry for worrying everyone. I just...had a bad day."

"What happened?"

"Oh, it's not that big of a deal," he shrugs, still looking down at his feet.

"If this something made you cry, then, yeah, it's a big deal, Jungkook," I reach forward and brush my thumb across his cheek.

He looks at me in surprise, obviously not expecting me to touch him like this.

I pull away and scratch the back of my neck. "Sorry," I mumble.

"N-no, i-it's," he clears his throat. "It's okay."

"But I mean what I said. Whatever it is, you know you can tell me, right? I will always be here for you."

He smiles and looks away. "Thank you, Tae. You're always so nice to me. You're so good at making me feel better."

"You do the same for me," I chuckle. "When you smile, I find myself smiling. When you laugh, I laugh with you. But when you're sad, it makes me sad, too and I can't sit here and watch it happen. I hate seeing you upset. It physically hurts me," I admit and grab his hand, lacing our fingers together.

He turns to look at me again and he smiles. "You're too nice to me."

I shake my head. "You deserve all the kindness in the world, baby," the nickname slips from my lips and my eyes go wide.

He notices as well and looks away. He doesn't like looking people in the eyes when he gets nervous.

"Why are you here, Taehyung?" He asks softly and I'm taken aback by the question.

"Like in this house or-"

"No, why are you in this room with me right now? Why are you trying to comfort me?" He asks, turning back around to look at me and tugging his hand from my grip. I almost forgot that our fingers were intertwined.

"Because I want to be in here with you," I say almost as if it's a question.

"But why? Why do you want to be talking to me right now?" He scoots away from me.