The Awakening of the Vampire Princess Ch.15

Začít od začátku

"Well, yes of course you can," Violet agreed.

"How could I have missed it?"

"You're not the only one. Loads of women before you succumbed to his charm just as easily as David's. In actual fact he might be even worse than David. David isn't that bad, but he always wanted to outshine Justin in every way. You could call it sibling rivalry but, it's even worse than that. You can kinda see where David comes from," Violet replied shrugging, sipping on her cocktail.

    A heavy feeling sunk to my stomach. David had his fair share of women but I never thought it might be because of an inferiority complex. I started having a gnawing feeling at my conscience and tried my best to brush it off. Justin was the problem here, not David maybe I shouldn't be doing this. I frowned; I couldn't disappoint Rebecca even though I could manage to disappoint Darcy.

   By the time I finished contemplating my decisions, the boys already arrived. I managed a curt smile at their direction.

"So Ambs? I heard you have a scheduled date with David and I wouldn't wish to be left out because you never know, you might be staring at your future husband," Justin said, the edges of his lips twitching upwards.

He found this amusing how?

"Mmh," I mumbled feeling annoyed, "David, Becky said I will be tutoring you this Tuesday. So I thought to let you know who your new tutor will be."

"Wow, I must be lucky! I get two dates with you," David replied, moving his gaze up and down.

I swallowed the unease.

"Well I thought it wouldn't be fair and you could count that as our date," I replied indifferently. David's jaw visibly clenched and he forced a smile.

"Of course, after all you are afraid of falling for me," he finally replied arrogantly.

I nearly choked on my drink, "Excuse me?"

"What? You thought I didn't have you all figured out?" David asked raising his eyebrow.

"Look, my sisters may have fallen for you in the past but I'm not like them."

"Of course not sweetie."

  I ground my teeth together, feeling frustrated. How could I have felt so sorry a minute ago? For David Fleming of all people? I've never met someone as arrogant as him in all of my life.

"Anyway Tom, would you like to go on a date with me this Friday?" I asked hoping he would say yes. I needed a change of subject and Tom was undeniably hot.

"Sure, I don't mind," he shrugged, his violet eyes piercing straight through mine.

"That's great," I said sighing. He cast me a lazy grin and turned around getting lost in the crowd.