9. The Red Planet

Börja om från början

Outside, Kohl had floated to another building, trying to see inside the window, only seeing a very vague reflection of himself, showing him that he was no longer the Kohl who had his secrets to hide, he was a complete Saiyan now. He got closer to the reflection, seeing his lime green eyes looking back at him.

He held a hand up to his face, making sure this was real after so long he had full control over his Ikari state; his entire body was under his control.

Slowly he raised his hand to the glass, about to touch the reflection before his hand was grabbed by Blizzard, shaking his head as he pulled the Saiyans hand away.

Kohl nodded, understanding what he was about to do.

Blizzard pointed down the street at the biggest building in the city; a tower that had the biggest trunks of flesh growing up the side of it.

Kohl was surprised the tower hadn't collapsed yet, then again, the flesh might be the only thing still supporting it. At the top of the tower, Kohl saw it, a huge eye that was looking at the sky. Not moving in the least.

Kohl and Blizzard flew towards it.

As they did so, the flesh slowly crept its way around the window. Covering the glass in the flesh where Kohl had been.

Blizzard flew around the tower, seeing no way in, the street below had consumed the bottom 20 feet or so of the skyscraper. He looked to Kohl who pointed upwards.

They both ascended slowly, taking their time to examine the eye. Both of them got slower and slower as they approached it.

The eye didn't move as they went into its line of vision, not even acknowledging their presence.

Kohl looked to Blizzard and back to the eye, getting right in front of the eye's pupil and waved a hand in front of it.

Again the eye didn't move, it's pupil not even dilating as the sun seeped through the clouds and hit it.

Kohl looked to Blizzard and shrugged, gesturing that they should head somewhere else.

Blizzard followed Kohl this time, seeing the Saiyan fly to a nearby park, or what remained of a one.

Kohl floated to the entrance of the park, seeing the sign that was covered in too many veins to read it. Blizzard tried to read it as well, recognizing some of the letters but unable to read the full name.

Kohl slowly flew through the park, going over the rotting tree trunks; their leaves were long gone, and the dirt bled with a red almost brown ooze.

Blizzard traveled around the park, examining the houses were all covered in the flesh.

Blizzard shivered as he became paranoid, sensing that someone was now watching, or maybe it was just a bad feeling. He looked to Kohl, making sure it wasn't him.

The Saiyan was facing the other way, hovering above the ground as he floated out of the park. Avoiding all the branches that reached to the sky.

Blizzard continued to glance around. Trying to look for any form of life, anything that could have survived, but he doubted there was anything still living. This flesh, this disease had all but consumed everything. Not even a single body was in sight. Most likely having been broken down, decomposed, or overtaken by whatever this planet was infected with.

Kohl flew over to the alien, nudging his arm and flying away.

Blizzard looked around once again, making sure no one was nearby, before following the Saiyan.

Two days passed as Kohl and Blizzard searched the planet. Not once touching the ground or without speaking. Even parts of the ground that didn't look infected, they stayed away from.