36.

-----

Aaina x Zaydaan

If there was one person that he absolutely loathed, it was his wife's mother. She had never truly being there for her daughter and knowing the feeling all too well, he hated her for being so unjust to her own daughter.

Yet, three days into Aaina's recovery and she was in front of him, asking for her daughter.

"Is Aaina awake? I have to meet her."

Aaina was asleep right now even if she was awake, Zaydaan would never allow her mother to go inside and meet her.

He saw the traces of guilt on her face, the worry and the concern but it did not phase him.

"She's asleep." The Prime Minister replied curtly, standing in front of the woman.

"Is she really?" He raised his eye at her, daring her to call him a liar.

"Yes, she is."

"Don't lie to me, Zaydaan. I have to see her." He clenched his jaw, his anger trying to come out of the deep surface.

Did she really have the guts to come here and talk to him as if she had not been plotting with his enemy for months? How dare she stand in front of him when she had been equally involved in trying to dethrone him, trying to break his marriage apart?

How could she trust the word of a man like Awan than her own daughter?

"Don't test my patience." He warned her.

He would have made her suffer for the acts that she had committed but she was Aaina's mother and her getting the least bit hurt would hurt his wife as well.

"Please, Zaydaan. I am sorry for all that I did. To you, to her, to everyone. I was blinded, Awan had me fooled that you murdered Imran. I did what any loving wife would have done."

She tried to explain herself, crying and pleading him to let her meet Aaina. Zaydaan, however simply rolled his eyes at the dramatic woman.

"I am not keen on forgiveness and I don't trust you enough to see my wife. Leave." There was no place for  argument, the way he had said, no one could persuade him to change his mind.

His brother who was observing everything rather quietly, game forward as he saw his brother's pointed stare at him.

"Ahad, show this woman the way out of this hospital." Ahad did not argue either.

He had no sympathy for this woman right now. As Ahad gestured her to walk forward, Safina Ziagil clicked her tongue and looked at her son. Zaydaan.

"Zaydaan. You can not do this. She's Aaina's mother."

The look that her son gave to her, it sent chills down her spine.

"And who are you to tell me that?" He said to her, entering Aaina's room and closing the door behind.

And who are you to tell me that?

He had said to her.

Are you my mother? You're no one to me. Not anymore.

--