11

Unedited Zaydaan less but very needed chapter.

Need your comments please!

Also to the more minal people in my dms, this one's for you! :))

--

Aaina

It was hard to recognise Minal in her much different dressing sense

It was hard to recognise Minal in her much different dressing sense. Instead of the short shirts and the open trousers, she was wearing a long shirt and chooridaar pajama. With her golden jhumkas and white dupatta, she looked just as regal as she used to, except that she hard dark circles this time. It wasn't hard for Aaina to guess the reason behind that

She stood near the entrance, greeting her whole heartedly as Minal entered the Prime Minister House.

"Salam alaikum." She greeted Aaina with a Salam, formally air kissing both her cheeks.

Aaina returned the gesture with a smile.

"Walaikum Salam, please come." She guided the woman who knew each and every room of the very large Prime Minister House.

Minal entered the familiar area, sitting in the living room. She was quite confused about Aaina inviting her. At first, she thought it might have been Zaydaan inviting her for lunch or something but that clearly was not the case since the Prime Minister couldn't be seen anywhere.

"Just the two of us?" She enquired, Aaina arched an eyebrow.

"Mhmm. Were you expecting someone else?" She questioned her back, Minal nodded without any hesitation.

"Kind of. We've never really talked in all these years." She admitted.

Aaina understood why this was confusing for Minal but she also knew that talking to her would only do good for the both of them. If she had to get over her insecurities, she had to be more open and talk to Minal.

"Yes, we haven't. But no time better than the present, right?"

"I guess so."

She settled down on the sofa beside Minal, looking at her. There was a time when she would simply look at the woman and find flaws within herself. Now, after all these years..she had grown confident enough. She understood that two women could be different in the way they looked and still be beautiful.

"Zaydaan told me about your separation, I'm sorry." Aaina started off, Minal sighed.

"Yeah, me too." She murmured, The first lady continued.

"The fact that you stood up to your own husband for the sake of mine, it means alot to me, Minal. You defended his honor knowing how big the cost might be." She said out loud, all the words that Zaydaan had wanted her to say, the words that she needed to say.

"And you did it in front of the entire world, so thank you." She thanked.

Minal smiled at Aaina, feeling satisfied that she had got out of her shell of insecurities.