12.

A little throwback thing for you all before the actual chapter starts.

Hope you'll like this one. :))

Make sure to tell me what you think.

---------

When Aaina tells Zaydaan that she's pregnant and his reaction isn't what she hoped it would be.

She was sprawled all over the couch, grinning to herself as she read her doctor's message over and over again. She was so unbelievably happy. Happy to an extent where she just wanted to jump on her husband and yell it out.

She thought about how ecstatic it would feel to tell him. They had been trying for weeks now and it had finally happened.

She was finally pregnant.

She was going to be a mother. How crazy was that? Years ago, she couldn't even imagine him loving her back and now here she was, bearing his child.

Her grin widened even further as Zaydaan got out of the shower, freshly shaved.

She liked him better with a beard but he was just into a no beard look these days. She bit her lip, eyes dancing with happiness as she looked at him.

He stared at her confused but her contagious grin got him to smile too. He sat on the bed, opening the side drawer and taking out some hand lotion.

"You want to go somewhere this weekend? I'm free on Sunday." He questioned, rubbing the lotion over his hands.

Aaina put a hand on her chin, positioning herself so she could look at him properly.

"Finally taking out time for your wife? What?" She said with a sarcastic tone, he rolled his eyes at her.

"Put your sarcasm away." He warned but couldn't help but smile again as he saw how happy she seemed today.

What was up with her? No one was supposed to look this happy without a reason!

"Fine. It'd be nice to be away for a while. Maybe we can go to the attabad lake that you keep talking about." Aaina replied, Zaydaan nodded eagerly.

Attabad lake was a lake in Hunza, formed due to a natural disaster. It was turned into a beautiful tourism place and since the Prime Minister was a huge advocate of promoting the northern areas of Pakistan, he liked the idea instantly.

"Yes. They have turned that place around. We can go there." He affirmed.

"Okay."

She contemplated on how to tell him.

Zaydaan, I'm pregnant.

You're gonna be a father.

Hey, guess what finally happened?

Do you know I have a child in my stomach now?

I'm preggo, baby.

Ew.

Why did it all sound so awkward? She thought of all the ways she could say it but every line got her to think more and more.

She simply decided to be casual and let him understand on his own.

"Is it going to be cold there?" She asked him, sitting up on the couch as she put her cell phone away.

Zaydaan just shrugged at her question.

"Not too much, why?" She liked cold. Infact, she always felt the heat more than it usually was.

She let out a sigh and stood up. She sat beside him, putting her head on his shoulder as she spoke next.