Nine.

---

Another chapter!! It's a long one and I really hope you guys will like it. Little drama, little romance. Sorta.

Make sure to vote, comment and tell me what you think.

---

@AainaZaydaan : ❤️

"On an evening like this, twelve years ago

"On an evening like this, twelve years ago. Zaydaan Ziagil, our Prime Minister, a respected man in the society..he was a foreign minister. Working at the foreign office with my client Maria bibi. Maria bibi could not find the courage to stand against a powerful man like him so she remained silent. But how long can one remain silent? Finally, she seeks justice and I am sure that our judicial system will not disappoint her. "

The kind of preparation that the opponent's lawyer had, it did not seem like he was hired by a middle class working woman, it seemed like he was hired by a top ranked businessman or a cunning politician.

His words were crisp and straightforward, accusing the Prime Minister like it was the most casual thing to do.

There were not many people present in the courtroom, just a judge accompanied by his needed people, both the representative parties and a few lawyers. Three to four high ranked journalists were also present in the first hearing of the harassment case against the Prime Minister Zaydaan Ziagil.

The Prime Minister was accompanied by his first lady, his most trusted advisor and a few of his core team members.

It felt absolutely horrible. Whether it was Aaina who had been dreading this day or Zaydaan who managed to look calm, confident and absolutely crisp, both of them felt horrible sitting there in front of a judge, hearing absurd things.

"Your honor, Prime Minister Zaydaan Ziagil has no morals, no dignity, he is an embarrassment to a country like ours, a man with no conscience -" Before the lawyer could continue, Zaydaan's lawyer had already stood up, objecting to the crude words.

Zaydaan wanted to chuckle even though he felt absolutely serious. He wanted to chuckle because he had heard worse words being said about him, if they thought they could break him with disrespectful words, they didn't know him that well.

"Objection, Your honor. Mr Malik is accusing a Prime Minister of being someone without morals even though the case has just started. I believe it is unfair and incorrect, have you forgotten the law Mr Malik?"

"I have not. I will a call a person without morals, a person without morals."

The judge interfered in between the small argument.

"Mr Malik." He motioned the man to continue his argument.

"With your permission, sir. I would like to call Maria bibi."

Maria bibi. The first woman who had accused the Prime Minister. She was the same woman that Zaydaan had respected all those years ago, had somewhat considered her a friend, had worked with her in the most pleasant environment. Her fake alligations did not shock him though, the world was full of traitors.