Thirty: Recording

I woke up to the sound of my alarm this morning. I groaned, wanting to sleep longer. Usually I don't have an alarm set, as Colby and I wake up whenever we want to. Usually around 10 or 11.

I turned over to be met with a peaceful sleeping Colby. I sighed and pushed the blue hair out of his eyes. I could honestly wake up like this, next to him for the rest of my life.

I smiled lightly, then decided to get up. I searched through the closet, finding a cropped tank top, a pair of high waisted black cargo jeans. I walked into the bathroom, got in the shower really quick.

Kat sent me the address, and I got ready. I walked back into our room, seeing Colby still asleep. I walked over to his side, and then straddled his waist. I ran my hands up and down his chest. I leaned down and placed soft kisses to his neck. I felt something rising beneath me and I laughed lightly. "Baby." I sang softly. He turned his head, groaning lightly. His hands made their way to my waist as he pushed himself up into me, moaning lightly. "Babe, what are you doing?" He asked, opening his eyes. "I thought I'd say goodbye before I leave." I shrugged, laughing lightly.

"No, don't go." He said, pouting. I pouted too, matching his expression. "I have to." I said, leaning down, pressing my lips against his but not kissing him.

"Don't go." He mumbled, kissing me. I pulled away and laughed at him. "Bye, I love you." I said, kissing him.

I got off of him and he turned over in my direction, closing his eyes and going back to sleep. I laughed lightly to myself and shook my head. I grabbed my phone, purse and keys and left.

I got to the studio, then walked in. I saw kat sitting in a booth already recording. She waved at me, then came out. "Hey, girlie." She said, hugging me. "Hey." I smiled. "You ready to get in there?" She asked. "Yeah, wait. What's the song?" I asked, as she never gave me details last night.

"Oh, I forgot. It's call Blue Roses, I recorded my part so we're just waiting for you." She said. "Okay." I nodded. They showed me what they had so far and I liked it. "Get in there girl." She said, pushing me in.

It was my first time in a recording booth, so I was a little nervous. I put the headphones on and I could hear the beat playing. I read off the lyrics, matching the tone Kat had originally set.

"Waking up, looking out. I can see a new beginning without you, without you. You can try, day and night. You just wanna kiss and make up. But I want love, and I know it ain't love." I sang into the mic. "I don't wanna talk about us, stuck in motion. I don't really care what you think about, think about. So you wanna fix my broken heart with blue roses, but you just let me down. You let me."

"How I wish that all you're flowers would be enough, and I think about all the times that you broke my trust. How I wish for no more lies but they never stop. So you can take you're pretty flowers and burn em up."

I walked out and they played it back. Kat and I spent another hour or two recording things and re recording to make sure it was perfect.

I bit my lip, containing my smile as we just listened to what we had finally. "Yes girl. We should be ready to release it soon." She said, giving me a high five. "Oh, I love it." I said.

"You ready to go home?" She asked. "So ready." I said, grabbing my things. We were going to stop to eat some where.

"To a new song." Kat said, holding up her cup from a coffee shop around the corner. "To a new song." I smiled, clincing our glasses together.

We sat and talked for a long time. Then we decided to head back.

I walked into the apartment and it was silent. I assumed Colby went out to do something. I sat on the couch and sighed aloud. I heard a growl and metal against metal loudly. I screamed and jumped, looking to the balcony. I screamed once again seeing what Colby had done. "Who are you and what have you done with Colby?" I asked, as he walked downstairs laughing. "You like it?" He asked, gesturing to his hair. Instead of the familiar blue, it was a reddish purple.

I stood up to stand in front of him. I reached my hands up and ran my hands through his hair. "What did you do, babe?" I asked, giggling. "I dyed my hair, what does it look like?" He laughed, as I pushed my hands down on his head. He bent his neck and I could see it better. "This is weird." I said, cupping his cheeks and lifting his head back up. "Are you my boyfriend?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"I hope so." He laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist. "How'd recording go with Kat?" He asked. "Good, the songs ready and it can be released anytime now." I smiled proudly. "I'm happy you found your niech. I can't be the only paying bills around here." He joked.

My arms went around his neck as he picked me up. My legs wrapped around his waist as he held my weight with his hand placed below my thigh.

"I'm so excited for it to be out." I said. "Yeah?" He asked softly, leaning in to place a kiss to my neck.

"It sounds so good." I said, biting my lip. He hummed against my neck and kept going. "We have photoshoots, film the video next week." I continued, but Colby seemed preoccupied by my neck.

He slowly walked us to the bedroom.