Nineteen: Happy Birthday, Uncle Elton

I was in the back of the RV taking a nap. Everyone came barging over while screaming and jumping around. I groaned and turned over so that my back was facing them. I felt someone jump on me, and I groaned even louder. "Whyyy?" I asked, still half asleep. "We're here, get up." Elton yelled in my ear. I covered them and furrowed my eyebrows. Why must they bother and mess with my sleep so much? 

They left me alone to wake up, well everyone but Colby. I turned over and he was bent over with his hands resting on the bed, with a smile plastered over his face. "Why do you guys insist on fucking up my sleep?" I asked, my voice slightly hoarse. "Come on, get up." He said, pushing the blankets off my legs. The cool air hit them and sent a shiver down my spine. I groaned as I sat up tiredly. I didn't get much sleep last night, plus the events earlier this morning wore me out. 

I got up then looked through my suitcase for a swimsuit. We were going to be swimming today, well that's what I was aware of. Elton hasn't told us much of what we were going to be doing. Speaking of, it's his birthday today. 

I found one that was a white with small black patterns. I changed in the tiny bathroom and walked out. I put on a cropped tank top and some high waist shorts. 

We got to the place and walked out. We walked down a trail and Elton started filming. 

"Do you guys actually have no idea what we're doing right now?" He asked, holding his camera. I looked back with my eybrows furrowed and my mouth slightly open as I shook my head. Sam and Colby audibly said no. "All I know is there is going to be 20 people watching me." I said. "Well, we need a lot of people to watch. Because chances are, when you do it once, you're not gonna wanna do it again." As soon as Elton said that, I snapped my head back along with Sam and Colby. 

We walked over to the main part, and I saw a big blow up thing resting on the water and people jumping from a broken tree. I winced as someone got throw in the air. "Elton..." I paused. I looked to him. "Aria." He laughed. "Elton..." I repeated. "Aria." he said, expecting something else. "Elton..." I said once again. "Colby, I think you're girlfriends broken." He said. "I'm gonna die." I said to Colby. "No, you're not." He laughed. "Yeah, I will. I'm 5'1, not even, I am going to fly 40 feet." I said. 

We watched multiple people go, and one of them did a flip. Another guy went and he landed on his back. I looked back at Elton with a 'i'm done with you're shit' face. "You wanna go first?" Elton asked me. "Fuck you." I said, shaking my head. "No come on, Colby will launch you." Elton tried. "No, I'm not going first." I whined. "Nose goes." Sam said, and everyone put their fingers on their noses. I just looked at each of them. "I hate you guys with the burning passion of hell." I said. "Do you wanna do the thing?" Elton asked me. "Do I want to? No. Do I have a choice? Also no." I said. 

Some dogs came over and one jumped on me. "Hewo. Hewo." I cooed scratching it's head. "There she goes, just like in Egypt." Elton said. "You're just jealous." I said. He jumped down, then we got ready to jump. I slid my shirt off along with my shorts. "I don't wanna do this." I whined, as it was official I was going first. "Colby will launch you, don't worry." Elton said. "Look at me, look at him. He's tall, bitch I'm the complete fucking opposite." I said, standing next to me. Colby then wrapped his arms around my waist as he lifted me up. I screamed as he was about to throw me in. "Baby, stop." I whined. 

He laughed while putting me down. I glared at him, as he just kissed my cheek. "I don't like you." I crossed my arms over my chest. "You love me." He laughed, still holding me. They handed me a life vest, and I reluctantly climbed up and jumped onto it. I got into position and I heard them talking. 

"Three, two, one. See ya." The guys yelled, as I was then launched into the air. I felt myself going in circles all the way down, then fell into the water head first. I resurfaced to hear everyone freaking out. I swam back and stood up shakily. "Are you okay?" Sam asked, while still laughing. "Traumatized." I responded. "I went in fucking head first, man." I added, fixing my hair. 

"Three people jumped." Corey said. "What?" I asked. "Three people just launched you." He laughed. "Who, who? Give them a piece of my mind." I said, acting tough. Colby laughed. "Oh, you're adorable." He said. 

Elton went after me, then Sam, then Colby, and finally Corey. 

"Evan's taking my spot." Andrea pointed out as he went. "Let's go evan." Sam and Corey clapped. I joined and attempted  cheer thing. Key word, attempted. "Wait, did you used to cheer?" Corey asked. "Yeah, for a second." I confessed. "Can you do something to cheer him on, he looks a little scared." Sam said. "Uhh, yeah." I Laughed. 

I started. "Give me an E, give me a V, give me an A, give me an N. What does that spell, EVAN." I cheered. "Oh I feel preppy, take it away. Take the memories away." I shook my head. "I hated that." I shook my head. "That wasn't bad." Colby said while laughing. "I hate my preppy side. She never ever needs to come out again, right?" I asked the boys. They all made a noise acting like they were thinking when I knew they weren't. "Oh fuck off." I rolled my eyes. I was never the preppy type, except when I cheered in high school, but that only for a year. 

We got done there, then got back in the RV. I sat down at the table while everyone else took a nap and scrolled through my phone. I looked up as Colby sat in front of me, folded his hands, pursed his lips and squinted his eyes. "You cheered?" He asked. I let out a small breathy laugh and shook my head. "I did it for a year, then quit, hating it." I told him, shutting my phone off. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked. "Because, I hated it more than anything. I'm not going to willingly tell my boyfriend that. I hated cheering, it wasn't right. I was never the preppy type. I hated those crowds." I said. 

"Why'd you do it?" He asked. "Well, my best friend, ex best friend got me to do it. She said we'd have fun. She was never that type either." I said, putting emphasis on the word ex. "Wait, was that who-?" He trailed off, and I bit my lip while nodding. "Yeah, I knew her my whole life. Our moms were best friends and they got pregnant together. She was my sister." I played with my fingers. 

Colby's POV 

I hated how they hurt her. That has got to fuck someone up. Though at the time she seemed happy, or at least that's what she let us see. I really didn't want to fuck this up, now that I've got her back I'm never letting her go. She's been hurt too many times, and I've stuck by her side through the worst. She told me one night while we were cuddling on the couch, it was a few weeks after she woke up. She told me that I was the only one who stayed for this long. The only one who did the things she liked. She relies on me and she doesn't even have to tell me, I could see. I'm her person. 

We ended up just sitting there, talking about random things. Everyone got out here and we filmed a skit to go with the video we filmed today, then went to bed. 

I cuddled Aria close, holding her by her waist tightly. "I love you, and I'll never ever do anything like that to you." I whispered, so no one but her could hear. She held my arms as she moved closer, as if it was possible. I placed a small kiss to her neck, then closed my eyes.