Thirty-Two: Surprise

I blinked a few times, my eyes getting used to the light. When my vision finally cleared, my breathe hitched in my throat. It was absolutely beautiful. "You like it?" He asked. "Colby," I said, looking around and shaking my head in awe. "Do you?" He asked, I heard his voice fall a little. "I don't know what to say." I said. "Why'd you bring me here?" I turned to him.

"This place is special to me. I came here in the hardest parts of my life, at least hardest parts here. I found myself here everyday while you were in the coma. It means a lot. I meant to bring you here a long time ago, but shit happened." He said. I looked back.

It was an old, small abandoned house. It wasn't scary like you would imagine abandoned houses to be. It was beautiful. It was probably built in the 1900s.

"How'd you find this place?" I asked. "I stumbled upon it when we first came to LA. It was the first place here I explored." He said as we walked through the door. "It seems special, who all have you brought here?" I asked, running my finger on a dusty shelf.

He stayed silent, so I looked over to him. "You have brought people here, right? Sam knows about this place?" I asked. "No, he doesn't." He said, stepping closer. "You kept this to yourself?" I asked.

"Yeah, it felt like the one thing I didn't have to share. As selfish as it sounds." He said. Wow. "So, I'm the only person besides you that knows about this place?" I asked. "Yeah, I thought maybe since it's been my hide out for so long. Maybe you use it to. Make up feel comforted as much as it makes me. Hopefully, in the future we can spruce it up, make it our own." He said, speaking softly by the end of the sentence.

"A place of our own." I smiled. I liked the sound of that. Even though we live together now, it would be nice to live in an actual house. I smiled, walking over to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands found my waist. I looked around, inhaling. "I like the thought of that." I looked at him with a wide smile. "Let's go upstairs." He said, walking over to a staircase. We walked up and walked down a hallway. He turned into a room, and I looked to see blankets and pillows. "Did you bring these here?" I asked. "When I first found it I had the idea." He shrugged.

He walked closer to me and placed his hands on my waist. They slid down under my thighs and he lifted me up swiftly. I giggled as I bounced up and down. I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed mg band on his cheek. He crouched down on the ground and hovered over me as we shared a passionate kiss.

I sighed in satisfaction. My head laying on Colby's bare chest, a blanket draped over the both of us. His arm was wrapped around my back, resting on my waist. "I could get used to this." I said, my pointer finger tracing over the heart tattoo on his peck.

"Yeah?" He said, in more of a questioning tone. "What are you're thoughts on marriage?" I asked out of the blue. "What?" He asked with a slight chuckle. "Well, let's start with this. Do you wanna get married in the future?" I asked. "Well, yeah. Of course, I just never thought about it." He shrugged. "What?" I asked, sitting up and resting my body weight on my elbow. "You've never thought about marriage?" I asked.

"Well, no. Not really. I know I want to get married. I know I wanna have kids. Just, if it isn't going to happen now, why think about it now?" He shrugged. "You ever wonder who you're going to end up at the alter with? Who you're going to spend the rest of you're life with?" I asked. "Are you just describing yourself?" He asked. I sat there, dumbfounded by what what just escaped his perfect lips.

"What?" I asked softly. "When I think of who I'm going to end up at the alter with, and who I'm gonna spend the rest of my life with," He reached his hand up and carressed my cheek. "I think of you."

I don't know why, but I felt the need to cry. I felt my eyes well up with tears and my lip tremble, as something in my stomach built. I let out a breathy laugh, as I looked down.

"Really?" I asked. "Really. You are the one I see putting a ring on you're finger, you are the one I plan on making mine forever." His words hit my heart, and the tears fell. "Why are you crying? I haven't proposed yet, save those tears for when I do." He said, wiping my face. I laughed through the tears. "Emotions." I said, inhaling to try and calm myself down.

"I've never had a connection with anyone like I have with you. You have the literal power of crushing me. I trust you with my life and much more. As cheesy as this sounds, you're my rock. You keep me grounded. Through everything you've stuck by my side and I truly don't understand why. I'm still waiting to wake up in an old hotel room, broken down and abandoned." I said, not being able to help the tears still streaming down my face.

"You're just too good, and I can't believe you were here this entire time." I wiped my face and sat up. He sat up too. "Aria, you deserve the world. You are my world. You are the most selfless, caring person I know. You've been through a lot, and I hope I've made it easier." He said. I let the room fall quiet for a moment.

"I guess what they say is true." I looked into his eyes. Deep blue oceans, feeling lost and completely at with it. "What do you mean?" He asked. I tilted my head, playing with a strand of his reddish purple hair. "You have to go through a storm to see the rainbow." I said.