Tara still listens to us slaves she spy on her and Ms. Minnie and tell us what they say. She keep teaching me my letters I knowed all my letters and some words.

I put on a special coat Ms. Minnie get me to ride the carriage in, I go to fetch Mr. Thomas and his mother Ms. Emma for the wedding party. He gonna ask her to marry him again in front of everyone. I hate that man the way he look at me, I know he gonna take it from me. I knowed and was nothing I could do I shake my head. It happen to me once ise a youngin 8 not again. Do not cry you stronger now I tells myself. I arrived at the inn, Evenin Ms. Emma, I opened the door and take her hand and holds her back to help her up and in. Mr. Thomas say now clover ain't you gonna hold my hand? Ms. Emma say stop fooling around with Clover.

Clover don't mind my son he likes to bring me laughter. He pinched my thigh and got into the carriage. We gots to twin oaks finally I open the carriage door and grab her hand and arm cause she old and help her down. Thank you Clover. Yessum. Mr. Thomas jump down and look's on me with them devil green eyes, thank you Clover and he kiss at me me I felt sick. Yes sir I say like I was made to say ignoring his kiss. They go inside and I go round back put the horses and carriage in the barn hitched up and goes back to the kitchen with mammy and Avril to help. You stay in here and help was dishes and pots ya heared? Yes mammy. Clover ran the wash basin on the back porch one with boil water and one with cold water.

Clover had the drying rag on her shoulder to use on the dishes once she washed and rinsed them as she washed the dishes she heard music playing, people laughing, singing, and drinking spirits.

Safinah felt someone looking at her it She knew it Clarence she looked up he was next to the porch. Safinah went around to the side of the house and hugged him again so tight. You look mighty pretty tonight Safinah. I does? Yes you do. Safinah kissed him so deep and hard her tongue meeting his, I love you she whispered as she kissed his neck. He wanted to make her right there, bite her he should have something in him would not let him do it. Let me come with you now she whispered. No not now soon. Light comes soon slave catchers be out are you coming to fetch me? Yes my love. soon Clarence? What is troubling you? No troubles Im fixin to want to be with you is all. He knew she was lying about something. He could not hear her thoughts like the woman who turned him but not clear they were jumbled. He held up her chin, is that the truth? I jus wanna be with you is all. Im coming he held her tight.

Clover! Startled she looked at the back door where the call came from. Where them plates at gal? Avril called to her. Ise comin I gotta go when she looked back he was gone.

The party carried on into the morning hours. Clover washed dishes all night, Mr. Thomas and his mother stayed over. I hear Ms. Minnie make Missy Clara sleep in bed with her. She knowed she fresh. Few Hours later we up early fixin food the table was set when the party ended.

I went to the barn to see about and ready the horses as usual, I aint had time to bathe on count had to help with the food fixin I know I had to carry them people home.

I took off my dry goods as usual use the soap Ms. Minnie give me and go to rinse with the water in one of the horse stall. I goes for my rag to dry and its gone. I open my eyes and Mr. Thomas standing there holding it out. Come get it gal...Clarence was asleep and woke he could feel she was afraid but afraid of what? Clover tried not to show fear and took her drying rag thank you sir looking down as she was taught.

Allow me He took the other end and rubbed it down her back making sure to rub it up the crack of her hide. Thomad turned her to face him running his finger's over her nipples gliding them down the middle of her breast to her pussy, he shoved his finger's in and pulling her close.

Clover pushed him off of her. He grabbed her by her throat pushed her on the floor in the horse stall punched her in her face 6x blacking both of her eyes and busting her lips.