Epilogue : What have you done exactly ? (I hope I spoiled nothing)

20 years later.

Rumplestiltskin looked around him and smiled.

Today, it was the end.

For him, at least.

He was going to die.

Oh, he was not afraid of this, he knew it would be his fate, in the end, after he stopped being the Dark One and gave up his immortality.

He was an old man now, and if it was the way things were supposed to end for him, then he agreed with it.

He thought about the past twenty years, and smiled again.

He had a good life.

All of them, the members of his family, they had one too which was pretty good.

Some months after Cora's defeat, and Neal's and Emma's reconciliation with Hook, when Henry was ten years old, Emma had given birth to a little girl that they had called Alice.

Time, years had passed, and the most Henry grew up, the most he looked like the other him, who came in this world some times and who helped them, and one day, Emma finally understood that there was something Rumple never told her.

"Tell me, Rumple... This man, who saved my life when I was six years old, all those years ago... Was he Henry ? Was it him, but in an older version ? Was he coming from the future ?

- Yes... and no, he had answered. It was him, but from another world... Another version of the story, of our story...

- What do you mean ?

- He was coming from the world without magic. From of a version of the story where the curse was cast by Regina, and you can trust me, you don't really want to know what happened there, he said, chuckling."

She hadn't asked him other questions, and he hadn't said other things about it.

§§§§

When Henry Mills came back, Rumple was not even surprised.

"It's the end of the book, and of the story, I guess ? He asked, knowing that he would die on this day.

Henry nodded.

- Yep... So, I came here to hear about the news... And say goodbye to you too. Even if I know some things, I don't know all of them, since I didn't read the end... So, what happened ?

Rumple smirked.

- What about knowing that your two biological parents are now since twenty years in a romantic relationship with Captain Hook ? And that they had a daughter with him ?

Henry's eyes as his mouth opened wide with surprise and shock.

- Excuse-me... what ? How the hell... How did it even just happened ? He looked at his grand-father with suspicion. What have you done exactly ? He asked him.

- Oh, so, you really think that I made it happen ? I hope I spoiled nothing...

- No, of course no, but... I mean... I clearly didn't expect it. And I didn't expect you to accept this so easily.

- Oh, not really, but... You can believe me, for I didn't at first. I had to accept this relationship, since I want my son and my daughter-in-law to be happy... And they are with him, so... I guess I have to do with this.

- What other surprising things/relationships are you going to tell me about ? Except this one...

- Hum... Aurora, Philip and Mulan... My son Gideon and Roderick... Elsa and Marian, but I already told you about them... And the other you and a man named Jack... Or Hansel, I don't remember his real name. Henry looked at him with surprise but didn't say anything about it. Alice and Robyn... I don't know if there are others...

- Okay... I guess I will just look at this by myself, Henry answered, deciding to visit the realm before leaving."

§§§§

He didn't regret anything.

Now, he was there, on his bed, and he was smiling.

He had changed things the way he had to change them, he had himself changed, and what was under his eyes was in fact the product of his own actions and choices.

First, his wife, Belle, who he almost lost before, and who was looking at him, with love.

Then, his first son, Baelfire, with Emma and Hook, and Rumple couldn't still even believe that, yes, he now considered the pirate as a... member of his family ? Maybe.

His grand-son, Henry, with his lover, Jack (or was it Hansel ? He still didn't know his name, still not know what the one was the good name.)

Alice was with Robyn, a woman she had met some years ago, and that she loved.

A woman named Drizella was here too, who was Alice's and Robyn's friend, and she was with her own lover, Gretel, who was Jack's sister.

Regina, Robin and Roland were also on his side, since he was their friend since Regina's redemption, and since he had helped them a lot of times.

Snow and Charming were here as well, which was logical, since he was their official Sorcerer, and working for them.

Other were here too, that he knew or not, and to who he said good-bye on this day also.

Belle was holding his hand too, and she tried not to cry.

It was the end, and she kissed him one last time.

Rumplestiltskin was smiling at them, remembering his old good days.

Remembering how he fixed his relationship with Belle, just after he thought that he had lost her forever, after he learned she had died. He thanked Henry internally, because, without him, he wouldn't have been able to change the things.

Remembering his son's anger, and their reconciliation.

Remembering his fight against Regina, against George, remembering how he had helped Snow and David to win the war against them.

Remembering Ingrid's and Elsa's fears, and how he helped them control their magic, and not being afraid of themselves anymore.

Remembering his wife's actions, how she had made him help Nova and Dreamy be happy together, how she had freed Jefferson from the Hell that was Wonderland, and what a wonderful woman she always was, and he again asked himself why she had fallen in love with him.

He remembered all of this, and he smiled.

He closed his eyes.

THE END.

(Finally.)

Author's note : So, now, here we are... it's the end. Personal anecdote : This story was supposed to be a simple One Shot, when I firstly imagined it. A One Shot... And now, I wrote... more than 125 000 words... Which means this story is the longer I ever wrote.

I hope you liked to read this story as much as I liked writing this one. I thank all the one who let reviews and comments on this story.

If you're interested about some passages of this story that I didn't develop enough, I may write some bonus/AU in this story in the future, so you can ask me if you want some things to be more developed.

And by the way, I will write (normally) in the future another fic taking place in this universe which will be focused on the Next Generation like Henry and the other, as well as their romances : Henry/Jack, Robyn/Alice, Gretel/Drizella and maybe Gideon/Roderick too.

Goodbye, and again, I hope you liked this story.