Chapter 21 : Births, redemptions, and happy endings.

Author's note: So, is anyone still interested in this story ?

Regina blinked with surprise, not being sure she heard it well.

"But how... how is it even possible ? She asked. I mean... you're in a relationship with Briar Rose, right ? A woman. I mean, I knew magical pregnancies were possible, but... I didn't know... I didn't know it could happen to you. Well, it doesn't matter, congratulations for the two of you !

- Thanks Regina...

- Do you know if it will be a boy or a girl ? The former queen demanded to the two women.

- A girl, Briar Rose answered.

- Do you have any idea of a name ?

- In fact, yes. We think we are going to call her Lily."

§§§§

The day after this announce, an "incident" happened, kind of.

A man broke into Briar Rose's and Maleficent castle, trying to murder another man, claiming this one was the responsible of his fiancée's death.

The man's name was Edmond Dantès.

Regina became pale when she saw him.

She knew this man.

She met him some months ago, before she was defeated by Snow and David, before she redeemed herself.

She remembered talking with him, she remembered his hatred.

She remembered how angry and full of despair he could be, and at this moment, here, in this castle, she didn't hesitate any second before acting.

She came in his direction.

"Edmond ? What are you doing here ?"

The man gave her a cynical smile.

"What do you think I am doing, your majesty ? The same thing you tried to do before me : getting my revenge, of course !"

Regina gave him a look full of sympathy, before asking herself if she did look like him, when she was still full of anger, during her fight against Snow White.

But, she quickly realized, it was not about her, or about who she used to be, it was all about Edmond, and the fact he was going on the same way as her.

And she couldn't let him loose himself in darkness, as she herself did.

The other man was here too, screaming that Edmond was just insane, that he did nothing wrong, that nothing of it was true, but Regina knew it was not true.

And she felt the immediate urge to break his neck, here, right now, for all the sufferings he made live to Edmond, but she didn't.

She contained herself, but she did use her magic on him to knock him out, at the surprise of Belle and all the other.

"Regina ? What are you doing ? Why are you attacking him ?

- This man is a murderer, Regina explained to Maleficent with calm, I am certain of it. I can prove it. He killed a woman named Mercedes, this man's former fiancée, she said, pointing Edmond with her hand."

The man in question, accused both by Regina and Edmond, was put into prison.

And after that, Regina came to see Edmond, who had been arrested too, but who was not in prison, as, in fact, he was the victim in the story.