Chapter 16 : Don't get killed.

Author's note : Will Scarlet is present in this chapter, but his story and Anastasia' isn't the same as it is in OUAT in Wonderland.

Some days after the wedding, Belle came to see Regina in her former castle (she wasn't living in it anymore, now she was most of the time Snow's and David's castle), especially in her mother's bookcase.

She looked at it with amazement, realizing that yes, Regina didn't lie to her.

It really was a big place.

"Tell me Regina, she asked her, why didn't you use magic on it, to find this "list" ?"

The former queen just sighed.

"Because mother used a spell on this place too... And this time, she didn't use blood magic, she added with sarcasm, remembering what happened before she met Zelena. She used something more powerful."

Belle nodded.

"Alright, I get it... Tell me, why are doing this right now ? I mean, you could have thought about it even before the wedding happened."

"Well... there is a reason to this. When your husband gave me my memories back of Zelena, he gave me other memories... The one my mother took from me, and one of them was about this list. And I thought about it before Rumple and I we came to search for Zelena. And then, I realized that I couldn't use magic in this place. My mom certainly hid it there, so I wouldn't find it. So no one would find it."

"Do you have an explanation to the reason why your mother didn't destroy it ? In fact, how can you be sure that your mother didn't do it ?"

"My mother surely had... well, has a good memory, but the thing is this, she couldn't remember everything. I guess it was just a way to remember whose hearts were to who. So, she wouldn't get wrong when she would crush one of them, or when she would try to control them."

"How lovely it is ! Said Belle, with a clear disgust air on her face. Did you ever do this ?"

"What ?"

"Did you ever act like her ?"

"Yes... Yes, I did. Many times. Less than her, for sure, but it doesn't make what I did less worst than her own crimes. That's the reason why I want to make these hearts go back to who they belong. So, I will fix my mother's crimes, just as mine..."

A deep silence settled between them, quite awkward, before Belle talked again.

"Then, we just have to begin our researches, she told to her new friend with a fake enthusiasm."

Regina had a little smile, and they began to search for the list.

§§§§

"I got it ! Belle exclaimed finally, after they searched the list in books for at least three or four hours."

She was holding two or three sheets of paper, on which a list of various names was written, there were at least two or three hundreds of names on it.

Regina took rapidly the paper from her hands, and she had a deep smile.

"You did it Belle ! She said, finally relieved, after being afraid they wouldn't do it. You found the list !"

Then, without really thinking about it, she took Belle in her arms, giving her what seemed to be the most awkward and strange hug that was ever given in this castle. Then, realizing what she was doing, she let her go.