Chapter 31 : A choice to make.

Emma was the first one to begin.

"So, could you tell me who you are and why you were flirting with my husband and why he left ?

- My name is Killian Jones, and... I flirted with him because I'm interested by him, I thought it was pretty obvious."

Emma raised a surprised eyebrow (noticing that he hadn't answered to the third question.)

Well, at least, he was not denying the fact that he did.

"You flirted with him, knowing he was a married man ?

- Yes, of course, he told me. You don't have to worry madam, he is an honest man, as far as I know it.

Yes, I know, she thought with a proud smile.

She knew he wouldn't cheat on her. She knew he loved her.

The princess asked herself if the man knew who they really were, and realized that if it was not the case – as it seemed it was – she didn't care at all.

That would make it more fun, if he didn't know that he just flirted with one of the heirs of the throne, without knowing his real identity – the fun being in him realizing this.

He continued to talk, with a devilish, charming and flirting smile.

- You know, if you're jealous of it – and him – I could flirt with you, if you want me to. That wouldn't be a problem for me. That would be an honor and a great joy."

Emma couldn't help but get an amused smile, being very proud of herself for not blushing at the remark.

Charmer.

Smooth talker, she thought.

Alright, she told herself, Neal had decided to play his game, and so would she.

She needed to get some fun this time, to decompress, to do something which would lead to no consequences, as they would just be talking.

Nothing else, nothing more.

"I am myself a married woman, she said with a mocking tone to the pirate. Do you want my husband to get jealous ? Or what ? You couldn't get the first one, so you fall back on the second one ?

- Of course no, love, the pirate said, with a terribly serious air, using again the little name he gave to almost every woman he saw, I would not dare consider you as a second choice."

Despite her own will, Emma's heart made a jump in her chest.

She was not a teenager anymore, she was a grown up woman of thirty-two years, who was married, and who had a child, she was not the kind of person who could fall in the pirate's trick, it's true.

But it looked like the pirate meant it, it looked like it was not a game anymore.

And she didn't know what to feel about it.

She didn't know what she wanted.

She didn't know if he was sincere or not.

"Tell me the truth, by who are you really interested ?"

She should have left, and she knew it, but she wanted to know.

She should have looked after her husband, but this mysterious man was intriguing her too much, and she couldn't go, not without knowing the truth.

It was not a game anymore.

Are you interested by anyone in the two of us ? Should have been her question, she rapidly realized, but it was too late.