Chapter 5 : This is not us.

She let him go. What else could she do ? She had no other options.

Regina made a deep sight. She just lost the only person who ever believed in her (if you excepted Daniel. And Snow at the beginning) and she realized that he did the right thing.

She was a true poison for the one who were close to her. First Daniel, and now, her dad....

And now, she was alone...

No.... It wasn't entirely true. There was still someone, who was there, forced to stay here.

Who would never be able to leave her.

The Huntsman.

The queen let a smile arrive on her lips. Yes, he was there. She still felt no remorse for what she did to him, after all, it was his fault ! He didn't obey to her orders, he had to pay for it !

She knew she was wrong, but she needed to let her anger and her hatred attack someone else. And he was there, so... he would be her victim.

Regina didn't force her father to stay, because she cared for him. But the Huntsman ? Well, it wasn't the same thing.

He wasn't that important for her.

In fact, the truth is that... he didn't matter for her.

He was no one, just someone who failed to accomplish a mission, a simple mission, that is to say, just kill a princess.

Nothing else.

She was wrong, obviously.

And a part of her, the part which wasn't destroyed by the Evil Queen perfectly knew it.

§§§§

When the Huntsman (or Graham, as it was his real name. A name the queen never used, because she didn't know it) saw the queen enter in his room (well... room. It was her room, where he was forced to lived), he trembled.

He remembered what she did to him and well he really didn't want this to happen again.

She seemed to be furious, as she entered in the room with a terrible look.

He was there, on the bed (with his clothes. Fortunately, she didn't ask him anything), trying not to show her how afraid he was.

The Huntsman was tired of this, and he just wanted all of this to stop.

Sometimes, he wanted to die. He just wanted to be free from her, from this demon who took his life from him. Who took his heart, and who now manipulated him almost all the time.

So yes, for him, life was a true hell.

The queen was walking in the room, still saying nothing, and she really seemed to be in a terrible anger. For a second, the Huntsman feared that she would take it out on him, but it didn't happen.

Finally, she said :

"My dad left the castle."

The Huntsman said to himself that she really was pathetic, if she arrived to this point. That is to say, talk about her problems with her Huntsman, and it showed that she really was alone.

(But he didn't tell her that, he didn't want her to be angry at him.)

She could have talked with Sidney, but she really couldn't stand him, even though it was not his fault. He was just too... too in love with her. And she didn't want to have someone who would feel sympathy for her.