Chapter 19 : Sometimes, you have to give up.

Lancelot and Guinevere.

Oh, yes, he remembered them.

A woman and a man who just desperately wanted their king to stop his insane quest.

And at a time, in the version of the story he already lived, in the past, he helped them without really helping them, as he refused to give them the dagger.

Which was understandable at this moment, as he still was the Dark One.

Something he was not anymore.

"How did the two of you succeed to get here ?" He asked them.

The queen showed him the gauntlet, and Rumplestiltskin nodded, before frowning.

And he realized something he never thought about, that is to say that his transformation surely had effects on the dagger.

In fact... he didn't even know what happened to it. Did the dagger still exist ?

The last time he saw this one, it was... well, he didn't even remember.

But he did know where the dagger was supposed to be, and he went to take it from where it was hidden, and he had a smile when he saw what it looked like.

It was just a dagger, there was no name on it, his one had disappeared just after Belle freed him from the curse that was on him.

"I guess you're looking for this, right ? He asked to them, and he saw relief appear on their face.

- Yes, Guinevere answered him. It's the missing piece of Excalibur, my husband's sword. It's the thing he is looking for since years.

- Yes, indeed... Hum... looking for it is not the only thing he did, right ? He also neglected you marriage."

Guinevere hiccuped with surprise, not expecting him to know her story.

"My name is Rumplestiltskin, and I am the Sorcerer... Well, Merlin is the True Sorcerer, in fact, the one of your kingdom, but... You know what ? Let's just say that I am the Sorcerer of the Enchanted Forest, and he is the Sorcerer of Camelot, it will make thing easier for everyone. So, I am the Sorcerer, and I know everything. Even the fact that you and this knight passed some days together, and that things like feelings developed between the two of you. Feelings which were already present before, and which should have never be."

The two people blushed immediately, and nodded, and Rumplestiltskin just sighed.

"Well, it's not my business, but... in fact, you should tell your king and husband about it.

- Are you going to give us this dagger ? Lancelot asked him, talking for the first time.

- Oh yes, of course, and I am coming with you too.

- For what reason ? Guinevere demanded, not being sure she wanted this to happen. After all, they didn't know this man, and he was supposed to be the Dark One, no ?

- I want to help, of course ! Because you surely need help, not to reform Excalibur (you can do this by yourself), but to free Merlin from the tree in which he is locked up !

- How... How do you know this ? Lancelot said.

- I read things about your land, and I learned other by myself."

(He didn't tell them he read this in the book Regina and Emma gave him.)

"But, Guinevere said, being really skeptical about it, it's said in the prophecy that Arthur heard of that it has to be a Savior, who breaks the spell on Merlin."