Chapter 6 : Sometimes, things change.

"What do you think we can do ?" Asked Henry to Rumplestiltskin.

He grinned. The situation was funny. It may be the first time someone asked him for advice. At least, for advice which had nothing to do with evil things.

"I don't really know. Do you have any ideas ?"

"No. I just... I just left Regina's castle after I learned that you decided to stop helping her pursuing her revenge. I just... I didn't really think about it, I just wanted it to stop so... I came here."

The sorcerer started as he heard him, really surprised. Because, as far as he knew it, in his version of the story, Henry was the one who stayed the longest time with the queen (in fact, he was the only one who stayed with her and who wanted it). In the end, he was even supposed to die, being the thing the queen loved most.

So, if he left her, it really meant that this was the end for the queen, and that Henry did think that his daughter could be saved.

Rumplestiltskin believed in it too, he remembered the Regina of the other version (the true version. It was still strange to think that). He remembered how happy and peaceful she seemed to be, and he remembered her relationship with her son.

Now that he was himself again, he wanted to do everything so his apprentice would be able to have this in this world. Or something close to it, he swore.

In fact, as he looked at Henry, something changed in him.

Before, he never really paid attention to him, in this version, or in the other one. He saw him as Cora's fiance, an obstacle for his story with the young woman, and he never really felt sympathy for him.

He never thought that the prince's life would be a hell, living with a woman without a heart, without being able to be loved by her.

He never had any thought about him, he never cared for him, never cared about the fact that he was more and more loosing his child. Just as Rumplestiltskin did himself with Bae, except that the roles were reversed.

And now...

Now he was seeing an old man, tired, exhausted, just wanting all of this to end.

And then, he realized what his actions cost to him, that what him and Cora did to Regina had consequences on him.

And the wizard felt guilty for this.

I am sorry.

"I'm sure we can fix it, said the sorcerer with a confidence he didn't have. She isn't lost."

"If a man like you succeeded to find redemption, then she surely can."

Rumplestiltskin nodded, knowing how badly seen he was by Regina's father, who was completely right.

"I don't think you can say that. I mean... I haven't find redemption yet, it's just... just a beginning now", the sorcerer admitted.

"But... you will help me, right ?"

"Of course."

"How do we proceed ?"

"By steps I guess. We can't stop her now, not if we want her to redeem herself."

"It has to be her decision, approved the man, I agree with that, indeed. We can't force her if we want her to realize she made mistakes."

"But it will take time, you know."

"Of course. I am ready to wait, if it can help my little girl to be on the good way again."

Rumplestiltskin smiled. He wished he had a father like this, instead of having, well... the father (if you could say that) he had.