Chapter 17 : Wizards and scientists.

Wonderland was a Hell when you couldn't leave it. Well, anyway, for Jefferson, it always seemed like a real Hell. Even when he wasn't trapped in there, and that he could still go in there and leave.

But now... now, it was true, he just couldn't leave this terrible place, and his child was in another world, far from him, thinking that he abandoned her, and he was supposed to make a hat which would be able to make people travel to another world, while he himself had no magic !

It was absurd, and the most he was trying to do this, the most he was thinking that it was going to drive him crazy.

Maybe it was already too late.

Maybe he was already crazy.

He hoped he wasn't.

§§§§

In the three of them, Belle was the only one who never went to Wonderland. And she, unlike Regina and Will, looked truly amazed by it, and she was smiling, right now.

It was what she always wanted.

To see the world, to cross realms, it was just exactly what she ever wanted.

She wished Rumple could be here with her to see that, so they would share this moment together.

But he wasn't, as he himself had things to do.

(Yes, him, Belle and Regina talked together before they went to Wonderland, and the former queen gave him instructions about a little girl named Grace. A girl that he was supposed to find, and he was supposed to prepare her to her father's return.

He had to tell her that her father never abandoned her, and that he was soon going home.

But at first, he was going to a land called the Land without colors, in order to talk with a certain doctor, named Victor Frankenstein, if Belle goodly remembered the name.)

So, she just enjoyed the view in front of her, because, bloody hell, as Will would have said, it indeed was a beautiful place, and she felt lucky that Regina let her go in it.

She was going to enjoy the trip in this new world.

Even if it was a place full of dangers and all these things.

Well, talking about this...

When Will saw soldiers (who, obviously belonged to the Queen of Heart's army, for sure. And they were clearly hostile) coming – well running would be more appropriate – just in front of them, he then sighed.

"Can't we just be quiet and peaceful at least just for five minutes in this bloody land ?"

"I guess my mother definitely doesn't like intruders coming without invitation in her precious land", Regina answered, ready to use her magic on these soldiers, who seemed ready to attack them.

Will and Belle both prepared themselves. They both had swords in their hands, and were ready to fight these soldiers, and they knew what to do of them, that is to say, to send them right in the "walls" of Wonderland's labyrinth.

After the walls would have taken them, the only thing they would have to do would be to go in the throne's room, where Cora was standing.

And then, Regina would fight her.

The fight didn't last for a long time, as the soldiers weren't really able to resist against them, facing Regina's magic or Will's and Belle's ability to fight, with also the fact that Wonderland itself had to be fought, with its walls made of climber just around them, in which they could be taken so easily.