Chapter 28

Chapter 28: Carter’s POV

                Christmas morning. I was asleep with Andy in his old bedroom, thankfully there was a queen sized bed in there with the extra load. I woke up a bit tired the next morning but I smiled at my phone which lit up, showing the date. Although it made me sad, Camilla, not being with us for this Christmas. Andy wasn’t awake yet, so I got out of bed and decided to get ready.

                I pinned my hair in a bun, put on a maroon red sweater, jeans, and a pair of black uggs. I brushed my teeth, I did my makeup and I decided to put Andy’s presents downstairs as it seemed that he wasn’t waking up anytime soon due to the fact seemed to be dead asleep.

                I took his presents downstairs and I placed them under the Christmas tree. I heard movement in the kitchen so I decided to say good morning and a merry Christmas because I’m just that kind of person. I smiled when I saw Andy’s mother up. “Merry Christmas.” I smiled.

                “Merry Christmas!” She smiled back. “Is Andy up?” She asked me and I shook my head with a chuckle, knowing how I last saw him 10 minutes ago.

                “I wouldn’t think so, didn’t see him waking up anytime soon when I left the bedroom.” I said to her. She nodded and I heard a pair of footsteps walk downstairs. I turned my head to see Andy, surprisingly, fully dressed and read for the day in jeans, boots, and a black sweater, and to top it all off, a Santa hat.

                “Didn’t think you would be waking up anytime soon.” I raised an eyebrow. He shrugged as he quickly kissed me and then a quick hug to his mom. I noticed his father wasn’t in the room. I looked around with a confused frown and Andy seemed to notice the same thing.

                “Where’s Dad?” Andy asked his mom.

                “Oh I needed something for dinner for tonight from the store.” She smiled and I nodded with Andy. “He’ll be back in a few minutes.” She said to us, another set of nods from the two of us.

                “Do you need any help?” I asked her, seeing that she was making something but she shook her head.

                “I’m almost done.” She smiled. “Thank you though.” She said. I heard the door open and close and I smiled and waved when I saw his father coming into the kitchen. She put one last dish into the fridge for later and she clasped her hands together with a smile. “Shall we have Christmas?” She asked us.

                We nodded as we went to the living room and Andy and I sat onto the ground, Andy helping me of course. I was getting really close to that point where I could possibly having a premature birth and we didn’t want that to happen to her.

                I handed Andy his gift, I had gotten him this watch and it knew when I saw he would adore it. Then he handed me my gift with panda wrapping paper with Santa hats. Figured that. I raised my eyebrow at the wrapping paper with a smirk. I set it on the side as I handed the parents something I got them, from Andy and I.

                I decided to open first. It was a large box, kind of heavy. I opened the box and I opened the top. Paint cans. I saw a small box and I took it out. “The cans are for the nursery but I needed to trick you.” He chuckled as I smiled, opened the red velvet box. It was a stunning necklace with a gorgeous diamond on the middle.

                “It’s… oh my god!” I gasped, Andy made me turn around with a hand motion as he put it around my neck and clipped it on. I kissed him softly. “I love it, Thank you.” I whispered to him, kissing him one last time before I made him start opening the gift from me. I could hear camera flashes and it made me smile, I never had that when I was little. Christmas movies and photos to look back on. None of that.

                Andy chuckled at the Batman wrapping paper and I playfully put my hands up in surrender. He smirked at the black box and he opened the top to reveal the gorgeous watch I got him. His eyes lit up like Christmas lights. “I love this.” He grinned. I told him to place his left hand out which he did. I took the watch out of the box and I strapped it on.

                He kissed me one last time before we looked over at the parents and waited for their turn. But instead of going themselves, they handed me a box. I knew Andy knew what it was with a smile. I opened it and it and there were three necklaces inside. They all had two sets of key and a heart charm on the chain. The Keys had names on them.

Andy, Camilla

Carter, Camilla

Mom, Dad

                I smiled as Andy took the Carter and Camilla necklace and latched it on himself. He handed me the Andy, Camilla one. “The last one will be saved.” His mom grinned, holding up the last one. I smiled at the necklaces.

                “Thank you, I love them so much.” I said, giving the two parents a hug. I turned to the three of them with a grin. They looked my way and I smiled. “I honestly feel like Camilla is already here.” I said as I held the necklace in my hand.

                Soon enough Carter, soon enough you’ll be called Mom and your husband to be will be daddy and they’ll be playing Batman Fairy Princess in her bedroom.