Chapter 18

Chapter 18: Carter’s POV

                Andy had been out of the house almost the entire day which was slightly annoying due to the fact that it was our one year anniversary and I was expecting him to be with me today. I know, I sound freaking bitchy but I thought today would be a bit special.

                I was flipping through the TV channels till my apartment buzzer went off. I frowned as I got up to answer. “Who is it?” I said into the speaker.

                “CC.” He said casually. I buzzed him in and I opened my apartment door. Soon CC slipped into with a smile. “I have some things to tell you!” He sang happily. He had something behind his back although he used one of his hands to pet Batty that was trying to climb up his leg.

                “What is it?” I asked. He handed me a piece of paper and I frowned. It was folded up and it had a panda sticker on it, sealing it. I chuckled as I lightly tore it and unfolded the paper. I could tell whose hand writing it was.

Dear Carter,

                I bet so far on our one year anniversary you have been pretty pissed that I have been gone the entire time. I can tell Carter you can’t fool me after one full year. Anyways- I have prepared something for us but you have to find it first! I know me and the surprise are playing hard to get BUT it’s worth it I totally promise you that.

                CC, Jake, Jinxx, and Ashley will be helping you out. But this is also a test- this game that I set up will take about 2 days. During these two days I want you to be able to think and you can only call me once. Torture- aren’t I?

                There are 5 clues a day. Not a lot but there both pretty nifty tasks. Get your first clue/task/step whatever you want to call it from your guest that has just arrived with this letter. Get ready Carter! The time is ticking!

                Love you, expect a call from me by your last task!

-          Andy <3

“So you have a clue for me?” I grinned. He nodded as he took a note card out of his pocket and cleared his throat in a professional way. He picked up Batty as he began to read me the text I presume Andy wrote for him.

                “Carter, I have your first task for you. I don’t know if you could tell or maybe Andy’s just a good hider, there are sticky notes around the house telling you where to find Andy’s journal. It’s a brown leather cover with a stretchy band to keep it closed. I want you to find it. On the last page I need to you read what’s inside. I have the first sticky note to start you off. Good Luck!” He finished ripping the card in half. He handed me a sticky note.

                “Carter, I need you to go to the stereo where you sang Heart of Fire with me for the first time. Do you think you can do that? – Love Andy.” I grinned as I ran to the small stereo up high on the kitchen cupboard where I found another sticky note.

                “Is it easy?” CC asked as He saw me jump off my counter top.

                “If you know the memories.” I grinned. I read over the clue slowly. “Look you found one! There’s five notes till you find my journal by the way. OH and keep these notes so I can see them when done to see if you get a 100% on your test. Evil Laughter. Anyways- I want you to go our bedroom. Remember that Koala I got for you when I tried to cheer you up when we encountered your dad? Find him and he will have a present for you! – Love Batman (Andy c:) I rolled my eyes playfully as I ran to the bedroom, CC following.

                I walked to a bookshelf where he sat. I saw a sticky note on his chest and I picked it up. “Jesus you’re smart. I mean holy shit. Like number 3? Wow your good. Anyways- do you remember our first date at the drive in theater? What movie did I say I was afraid of in black and white? It’s in our DVD box. When you open it, it should be on the CD. – Love Andy.” I thought for a moment, pondering.

                “Stuck?” CC asked and I shook my head. I ran to our box as I pulled out The Wizard of Oz. I opened it up and there it was. I grinned as I waved it to CC. “Never mind.” He chuckled. I looked over the next sticky note.

                “Yay Carter! Okay. Okay. I need you to go to your closet and find something I wrote to plan how I was going to tell you that I loved you! I know a bit tricky! But I put it on the dress you wore that night, including the sticky note! Do you remember? – Love Andy.” Now this was tricky.

                I stood there for a moment. What dress…? I looked at the closet, trying to rack my brain for ideas till my eyes wandered to the blood red dress with the black bow on the dress. This was the one. I picked it up and I saw the note and sticky note.

                I picked both up as I put Andy’s paper in my pocket as I read mine. “I wanted to stump you so bad! Damn. Anyways. I have one last one. It’s easy but hard at the same time. Where did you go when Johnnie tried to get us to meet? When you figure it out, ask CC to take you to the spot where you will find the last note till tomorrow! – Love Andy” Between two tour buses.

                “CC, can you please take me to the Black Veil Brides bus?” I asked him. I heard him send a text and he nodded with a smile. He grabbed his keys as we went down to where his car was in the parking garage.

                He drove me the lot where they kept their tour bus and I saw a giant teddy bear and the brown leather covered journal. I recognized it. It was the same one he wrote his entry in. I grinned as I hugged the bear and I read the page he told me to read. “Like him? He’s soft. Anyways- that’s’ all for today! I think your phone might be vibrating…”

                I felt my pocket and I felt my phone going off. My eyes widened as I took it out and answered the blocked ID. “Hello?” I asked, confused.

                “Hey Carter- Are you doing good?” Andy asked me. I grinned widely.

                “Yeah but I can’t believe you set this up for me!” I laughed.

                “There’s more too! I have to go set up the last day. Get on the bus. There’s one last surprise! Love you!” He hung up. I grabbed the bear and opened the door. I realized CC disappeared. I flicked on the light and I saw 6 people standing around. And my dog.

                “Road Trip!” The band, Johnnie, and Jordyn screamed. Jordyn handed me some spare clothes and I grinned as I put my bear to the side. Now this should be interesting…