Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Carter’s POV

                “THIS HEART OF FIRE! FIRE! FIRE!” I sang as I danced around in an old red shirt that I had laying in my closet and a pair of black leggings. My hair was up and I wasn’t really caring about makeup. I guess you can call it a lazy day.

                “I’m guessing you like the new track?” Andy arched an eyebrow as he walked out of his little music room. I nodded as I pressed replay. I jumped onto the couch as I started to sing again.

                “RUNNING THROUGH THIS WORLD UNKNOWN I BUILD MY LIFE ON BROKEN BONES!” I sang. Andy sang along with me. We both were having a lazy day. He was in a pair of skinny jeans, socks, and a random Kiss shirt that he owned. His hair wasn’t necessarily styled either.

                He picked me up off the couch and spun me around the apartment. “Hey!” I giggled as I hit him repeatedly with my feet and hands. He just shrugged with a playful smile and continued to hold me up. I soon wrapped my legs and arms around him so I could face him but still hold onto him. I peck his lips softly.

                Then there was a knock on the door.

                “They’ll go away.” Andy rolled his eyes. Another knock.

                “No were not.” Said an older sounding man. Andy recognized that voice. I jumped off of him and I quickly answered the door. I opened it and I saw and older couple at the entrance. Andy ran off to the other side of the apartment.

                “Hello Carter.” Said the man.

                “Um hello and you know my name how?” I laughed uneasily.

                “Andy didn’t tell you anything?” The woman frowned.

                “Nope.” I said to them. I saw Andy behind me.

                “I didn’t think you would actually come.” Andy said wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on top of mine. I could just sense him rolling his eyes at them playfully. “Hi mom, hi dad.” He said casually, walking over and giving them both hugs.

                “Oh.” I said, feeling stupid of myself. “Hello I’m Carter.” I said awkwardly.

                “Hello Carter it is great to finally meet you.” Andy’s mother grinned. “I just found out last night Andy has had a new girlfriend for almost three months.” His mother arched an eyebrow and a playful smirk at him.

                “I’ve been busy.” He defended.

                “Can you vouch that?” His dad chuckled.

                “Nope. I can’t.” I laughed as I gave Andy a hug. “Anyways come in.” I beckoned them, moving out of the door way. They walked in and they smiled at their surroundings.

                “Not that I am against it but isn’t it a bit early to already be living together?” His dad asked.

                “I thought so as well but Juliet got Andy’s house and I lived with my friend Jordyn. Jordyn was moving out to go live with her new boyfriend and I couldn’t afford rent on my own so I think it was a good decision.” I explained they nodded.

                “It makes sense.” His mother nodded.

                “Sorry how lazily dressed we look- someone never told me we were going to have guests.” I arched an eyebrow at Andy.

                “I didn’t think we had to.” He frowned.

                “Andy, I like to look decent.” I grinned at him.

                The two of them sat on the bar stools at the island. “So how are you two dealing with each other?” His dad grinned at the two of us.

                “I like it so far. We have a dog now that was a gift from Jordyn.” I laughed. I looked at the pug who ran out of our room. “Batty!” I called for him. He looked over at me as he stopped and then he ran over to me.

                “Of course it’s Batman themed.” His dad rolled his eyes at his son.

                “I like the name though.” I said as I picked up the pug.

                “Unfortunately, we can only stay for a very short amount of time but we really wanted to meet you and see where you guys are living. You seem like an amazing person Carter.” His mother smiled. “He better make you happy.” She said, looking for at Andy.

                “He does.” I smiled at Andy. They soon left to quickly return home and it was just me and Andy again. I had fallen asleep but before I did go into the abyss of darkness I noticed Andy writing something in a small journal.

Andy’s POV:

Journal Entry:

                I think we all take a look around, suck in the fact that they cannot remember the life that had before they met that significant other. I don’t remember the days before I knew Carter. Like someone lit a match and burned them to ashes.

                And that’s okay.

                I like the memories I have now that or stained in the presence of love. I’m young, I’m 23 going on to 24 and some people would say that I might not find love yet. They speak lies. The lies dribble like venom out of their mouths.

                I am in love with girl and my memories with her dance in my mind, I replay those memories like a new CD that just came out so I can memorize the words.

                I replay our first kiss, I replay the day we met, I replay the evening at the drive in theater, I replay telling everyone that we were dating, I replay it over and over. I remember it all and I don’t dare to forget. I write down all my memories on a sheet of paper so I can’t forget.

                When I grow old and suffer memory loss they will be there.

                The pictures will be there.

                Everything will be there.