Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Carter’s POV

                14 weeks. Shit. I mean look on the Brightside, I am on my second trimester as of this week. Thankfully the nausea is gone, I’m not always tired, and I feel like I have had a huge boost of energy. Although my back is in excruciating pain and I would love to complain about it, but the only living thing that could hear it would be Batty, who wouldn’t be much of help.

                2 more weeks till Andy’s home and then I won’t be alone. I looked down at my small but slightly revealing bump. I put my hand on it and I sighed. This baby, I would love to refer to this baby with a gender but I can’t, unfortunately. Anyways this baby is the closest thing to Andy right now that I will have.

                It was almost like a gift for me that I would never exchange.

                Finally I was able to get myself out of bed and try to stretch out the muscles in my back that were knotted painfully. My now black hair was in a bun and I was wearing one of Andy’s old shirts and a pair of black leggings that were stretchy.

                I slipped into a pair of uggs and I decide to call Johnnie and Jordyn. I took out my phone and before I could go to my contacts I saw my phone start to go off. ANDY read my caller ID. I smiled brightly as I picked up. “Hey.” I grinned.

                “Hey babe how are you?” He asked me.

                “Good, I’m having a bit of muscle and back pains but I’m feeling pretty good. I was going to see if Johnnie and Jordyn wanted to go to the café.” I said as I grabbed my purse that was sitting on the bar stool chair near the island.

                “Feel better okay? I’ll be home in 2 weeks. Our last show is at the end of next week and if I can finish up a few meetings quickly I can try and make it home a few days early.” He told me, I smiled widely.

                “I would love for you to come home early, if it’s impossible don’t worry, I’m not upset if your schedule can’t get flexed around. Work is work. We all love our jobs. I love being a Youtuber and you love a singing for millions of people.” I said, unlocking my apartment door and exiting.

                “I’m still going to try.” I could feel a grin on his face through the sound in his voice. “I have to go get ready for tonight’s show. I love you Carter.” I whispered to me.

                “I love you too, bye.” I said quietly, he returned the goodbye and I we hung up. It made me upset that he wasn’t here and I felt almost alone half the time now. But again, work is work and can’t just throw work in the air and expect to live just fine without the needs you need with a job. Insurance, money, homes, transportation…

                Etcetera, Etcetera…

                I moved my fingers to Jordyn’s contact and I pressed call. I pressed the phone to my ear and I heard her pick up. “Hey!” Jordyn’s voice chirped into the phone.

                “Hey I was wondering if you and Johnnie wanted to meet up at the café.” I asked her.

                “Sounds great.” She said happily. “See you in a bit!” And we hung up. I exited the apartment complex and made my way down the stairs to the parking garage. I never really went in my car, I was normally in Andy’s.

                I started up the car and I began to drive down the street. I saw the café sign and I reeled into a close by parking spot. I got out of my car and I walked in. I grabbed a booth as I waited for my 2 friends to show up. I ordered myself a cup of tea as I patiently waited for the two.

                I heard the bell cling and I turned my head to the door and I saw the couple walk in. I waved my hand at them and they started to walk over. “Hey.” I said quietly as they sat down. “How are you guys?” I asked them as my tea came and I thanked the waitress.

                “Were good, but the real question is the one you just asked us. How are YOU? Andy has been gone for two week, you’re pregnant, and he’s coming home in another two weeks! Are you okay?” Jordyn asked me as she ordered a pumpkin spice latte.

                “Actually, it’s good.” I said, she looked up. “Andy is trying to get home early by moving around some meetings. He said he is trying to come back home a few days early. We will then discover our baby’s gender.” I grinned.

                “Oh yeah- happy second trimester!” Johnnie said happily. I grinned a thank you to him, soon taking another sip of my tea. The cold air has been catching up on me and I was trying to get rid of my sore throat at was growing.

                “You’re still on Camilla?” Jordyn asked and I nodded.

                “It’s such a beautiful name.” I said to her. “Were blank on boy’s names.” I explained. “I feel like it wouldn’t be good to have a boy. Andy is always touring and he would never have a male figure around to throw a football across the yard with.” I sighed.

                “Good point.” Johnnie said and I nodded.

                Jordyn sipped a bit from her pumpkin spice latte and nodded in agreement. “Are you still going along with seeing your mom at her law firm and tell her you’re pregnant?” Jordyn asked. I nodded again.

                “I’m going with Andy. I know she’ll yell and try to get me to sue Andy in some way but I don’t care. Honestly, I’m telling her so I can show her she was wrong.” I said, taking a small sip, warming me up.

                “You’re still a rebel.” Johnnie grinned.

                “Shut up.”

                “The rebel family is coming together.” Jordyn chuckled. “It’s coming together.”