Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Carter’s POV

                I pushed open the doors to the law firm building. My two other friends were behind me as I walked around the office. Marilyn Anderson, read a wall with silver wooden letters on it. The waiting room was quite nice. Brown carpet, tan walls, a front desk at the end of the room and white couches neatly placed around the room.

                I walked up slowly and I smiled at the secretary. She looked up from her computer. “Hello Welcome to the Anderson Law Firm- do you have an appointment?” She asked.

                “No but I’m related to Miss Marilyn Anderson and I need to see her.” I said politely, trying to keep my cool. She lowered her glasses to take a look at me. “She’s my mom.” I said in almost a whisper.

                “I never even knew she HAD daughter.” She frowned. “But I can’t say no you look so much like her.” She smiled at me. “Are you bringing the two behind you along?” She asked and I nodded. She typed something in. “Name?” She asked.

                “Carter Gray.” I said and she frowned at the last name. “Father’s name. I didn’t get my mother’s when I was born.” I explained and she made and ‘o’ shape.

                “Alright her office is that door to your left.” She smiled. I nodded a polite thank you as I walked to the door that said: Marilyn Anderson – Defense Attorney. I opened the door and a woman with light brown hair, glasses with a chain looked up. She was in formal clothing and appeared to be doing paper work.

                “And you are?” She asked with a frown. I blinked.

                “You don’t know who I am?” I asked her with dismay.

                “No I don’t…” She trailed off.

                “I’m your daughter.” I hissed. She lowered her glasses to take a look at me and she gasped.

                “Oh my god darling you’ve changed so much!” She gasped. “Your hair, piercings, your thinner.” She took it all in. I raised an eyebrow.

                “I could say the same thing right at you.” I said sternly. “Last time I saw you I believe you’re wasted in the living room with a large bottle of vodka in your hand.” I smirked.

                “Don’t bring that up here.” She hissed at me. “I have cleaned up and I am dating the town’s mayor.” She said. She cocked an eyebrow at my tall, tattooed boyfriend. “And who’s this?” She raised an eyebrow. Not liking him already.

                “My boyfriend.” I said. “I wanted to visit you because I am in the area.” I said pushing her away from the subject of my relationship.

                “On what occasion?” She asked.

                “I work for YouTube and I am on a tour for rock/alternative/punk bands and YouTubers and today were stopped here. Andy is in one of the bands and he wanted to come with me.” I told her.              

                “I’ve never heard of your name on the internet.” She frowned.

                “Well you’re too busy to look at things that aren’t for business.” I sneered.

                “Back to your boyfriend.” She brushed my career aside. “What band is he in?” She asked.

                “Black Veil Brides.” I smiled.

                “I’ve heard you before.” She said smugly. “I believe you’re the vocalist.” She said and he nodded. I could tell he was scared of the woman with traits like a cobra. “That will not look good for my law firm.” She mumbled.

                “I wasn’t really caring about your law firm.” I said.

                “Well I am and I am not having my child dating this delinquent!” She snapped at him. “You’re staying here. You’re working at my law firm. I am setting you up for a real life with a good job so you don’t look like trash.” She ordered. My eyes widened.

“I think you have forgotten my age.” I snapped.

“I think you have forgotten that I could care less!” She said, standing up and walk over to her phone. “Hey Sandra order the boy and the girl out of my office, thank you.” She said and she hung up, grabbing a hold of my wrist. The door swung open with two largely built men grabbing the two and shoving them out.

“YOU CAN’T DO THIS!” I screamed.

“Yes I can and I don’t care what you had before! I am making you to a proper young lady!” She snapped as she put me in the chair. “Now start listening on what college you’re going to.”

Jordyn’s POV

                “I need her.” Andy wept. We were taken back to the venue and Andy was crying to himself in the lounge of his bus. Johnnie was with him. Johnnie was silent and wasn’t really moving. Just staring at her Panda skateboard that she left here the other day.

                “Were going to get her back. She has her phone were going to get her out. We will send her a plan to help her escape before the buses leave.” I said and they both nodded but then Andy frowned.

                We don’t HAVE a plan.” He pointed out.

                “I do.” I grinned happily. He sat up quickly.

                “Spill.” Johnnie said.

                “Alright so tonight when Marilyn is packing up and leaving were going to get Carter to dash out the law firm and get on the bus and speed off.” I said simply.

                “Good plan.” Andy nodded.

                “Do we all agree on this?” I asked the group and they all nodded.

                “Were kidnapping the mayors step daughter.” Johnnie groaned. “We might get in a lot of trouble.” He pointed out but I shook my head in disagreement.

                “She’s an adult her parents do not ‘own’ her. Her mom who is a lawyer by the way- doesn’t understand that.” I said. “Right now, Marilyn can be ARRESTED for kidnapping.” I pointed out. “Now let’s get in all black and in ski masks.” I grin.