Chapter 20

Chapter 20: Carter’s POV

“Your surprise is today!” Jordyn sang as we road on the bus to our destination. Still, everyone was keeping this thing a secret and I just wanted to know so badly. Even though I would know the big surprise in a few short hours I still just wanted to see Andy.

                It has been so long and a struggle with one short phone call a day.

                “I know you’re feeling sad because you haven’t had your man but look on the bright side- were here.” Jordyn grinned at me. My ears perked up like a dog and I quickly jumped off the tour bus couch. I was already dressed and ready to kick on the day.

                Actually it’s like 6 at night I probably should have ‘kicked on the day’ a long time ago.

                We were at the park trail. I remembered almost everything here and it made me smile like a goof ball. I stared at the 6, knowing someone had a clue for me. Then I stared down at my pug who had something in his mouth.

                A note.

                I couldn’t help but laugh at the dog and guess that the letter was already covered in dog drool, disgusted as I was as I took the note from his mouth I read it anyways, not letting anything stop me from seeing Andy.

                Hey Beautiful! Today’s the day! Okay just because you’re seeing me today doesn’t mean I’m not giving you any clues! But don’t worry there are only three! Okay so- first clue. What did I try to do after I kissed you? Tell Johnnie your answer and he will give you a clue!

                Loves and Kisses- Andy

                He tried to run away! I don’t know why he would. I looked around for Johnnie till I saw him with a grin on his face, waiting for me to walk over. I smiled back as I walked over and I looked at him straight in the eyes. “He tried to run away.” I smirked.

                He handed me a piece of paper with a big grin on his face. He damn well knew the surprise. Little ass just trying to rub it in with freaking facial expressions. I rolled my eyes as I opened the letter.

                Hello Again! You’re so close to your surprise! Okay next question or clue. I don’t know what they’re called anymore. Alright so- can you tell me what secret wasn’t kept a secret too long? When answered, go to the rock where we had our first kiss. Someone will be there to ask you one last question.

-Andy

We tried to keep the secret of our relationship. Although it seemed like almost everyone found out pretty quickly. We aren’t great hiders. Everyone was back on the bus which was kind of weird but I just shrugged it off as I started to walk to the rock.

Even though there were many rocks I remember which one this was. I remember so many details of that rock, it was the start of a brand new relationship I don’t see myself ever backing out of.

I saw someone sitting on the rock, there were rose pedals on the ground, I heard Heart of Fire playing softly from somewhere, two large candles lit, one on each side of the rock. I continued to walk so I could see who was sitting there.

I saw a set of ocean eyes staring at me with a grin plastered on the face. A hand was in his pocket, hiding something. I knew who it was. I ran to him. I ran as fast as I could to him. He jumped off the rock and still had a hand in his pocket.

When I was a foot away from him he smiled, taking out from what was in his pocket. “Carter, I love you and I have one last final question for you…” He spoke softly. I looked straight into his eyes, waiting for it. He took what was from his pocket and I saw a velvet box. He opened it, revealing a ring with a diamond in the middle, not too big and flashy. He knew what I liked.

                “Will you marry me?” He asked in a hushed whisper.

                I had a hand over my mouth, holding in tears of excitement and the feeling of love as I shook my head yes, unable to communicate because my throat was aching from the tears rushing from my eyes. Andy walked over and wrapped his arms around me. He kissed me softly as I cried into his chest.

                “I love you…” I choked out.

                “I wanted to propose to you the best way possible. I think I did it.” He whispered to me.

                “I wanted to speak to you more.” I frowned.

                “I know that was the hard part but I wanted to see if you could live without me. You can’t from what I can tell.” He chuckled. I shook my head as I wrapped my arms around his neck, waiting for him to pick me up. He scooped me up from under my legs.

                “I can’t wait to make the future with you. I may not know what the future holds but I do know that with you by my side, it will be an adventure that I don’t dare to let go.” He said to me.