"Strange Yet Familiar" (Jared)

Start from the beginning

You hugged and greeted Misha and Jensen, who were absolutely thrilled to see you once again, then were handed a microphone of your own to speak with.

You wanted to crawl into a hole; you didn't want all this sudden attention. All you wanted from this was to connect with Jared once more. You missed him immensely.

You tightened your grip on the microphone in your hands, scanning the crowd in front of you, shadowed by the stage lights binding you. You could see no faces, to your relief.

"So [y/n], bring us up to speed on your life," Jared said with a cheeky grin and you smiled at him nervously, "What have you been up to?

"U-Uh... Nothing much," You responded, constantly looking at Jared, "Nothing at all..."

Jared walked over to you and wrapped his arms around your shoulders playfully, as if you were his little sister. "I'm SURE you've done something interesting," Jared commented and you shook your head in despair.

"Actually no... sorry to disappoint you Jared," You raised your eyebrows and patted his shoulders, before walking to where Jensen and Misha sat. Jared put his hands on his hips and squinted his eyes at you.

"Hmm... I smell something fishy," He said and did loud exaggerated nose sniffs as he approached you slowly, "She's hiding something from us, right guys?" Jared looked to the audience with a mischievous expression and a racket broke out.

He quickened his pace towards you and you immediately hid behind Jensen, you put your hands on his shoulder, yelping as Jared charged to you playfully.

You ran across the stage as Jared stormed to you with intimidation. You dodged him then crawled under his legs, given your nimble self. You went back over to Misha and Jensen, feeling a little breathless.

"Jared I-I'm telling the truth!" You said, trying to contain your laughter, "BELIEVE ME!"

"NOPE," Jared responded and you rolled your eyes, climbing down the stairs at the front of the stage and running down the vacant, middle aisle through the audience.

"GUYS HELP!" You exclaimed, glancing at the crowd then turning right when you came to the far end of the hall. You headed back straight to the stage and climbed up, racing for the other side of the stage as Jensen and Misha still watched both of you while chuckling and smiling.

"J-Jared please... I-I am telling the... tr-ruth," You said, heaving for breath as you reached for a bottle of water, taking large sips from it. Jared laughed and ran a hand through his hair.

"Alright then, if you say so," He shrugged his shoulders then took a deep breath, "Okay, next question. Let's continue!

A fan walked up to the microphone, the same side where you had been standing just a few minutes ago.

"Hi guys! Love all of you but my question is for Jared," The fan informed with a smile and Jared listened intently, "I know that you all don't usually talk about your personal lives but there have been rumors of you being with the new actress on Supernatural. People think it's true because she plays the romantic interest for Sam."

Jared chuckled then shook his head. "Well... since I've got a lot of tweets and comments on my posts regarding it, I'll settle this query once and for all: No, I'm not with anyone," Jared replied.

You felt a pang of relief in your heart suddenly, but seeing the slight sadness on his face from the lack of having a significant other in his life made you sympathise.

"But..." Jared continued after taking a breath, "There's always been someone special in my life and I never got the chance to take it forward. I'm sure that she felt the same way about me as I did of her but... things didn't progress so I let it go."

The fan was going to thank Jared for the response but you intervened into the one-way conversation. "Do y-you still like her?" You questioned shakily, your heart thumping rapidly in your chest.

"Um..." He turned back to look at you with a soft smile, "Yeah I do, I really do [y/n]."

And with that look on his face, you got a confirmation. As if you both had telepathic powers, tha face acted like a confession. He was truly in love with you before and his feelings never went away.

You were glad that they didn't... because you love him back just the same.