Adoption Papers (Jared)

You placed the pregnancy test on the bathroom counter and stared at it. Jared had pushed you to try again, and you did, but he didn't understand... He didn't know about your condition.

You watched his face of excitement and impatience and sighed. "Jared, it's not going to-"

"You don't know. This could be our lucky time," He stated and crossed his arms. You looked at the test again and frowned.

It was negative.

You felt tears in your eyes. Not because of not having a child but because of how disappointed Jared would be.

"And just like the previous few times, it hasn't worked out sweetheart," You said sadly and showed him the stick.

"What, no..." He looked at it as well and ran a hand through his hair, "I don't understand what's wrong. We did everything to make sure you have a baby."

He sat on the bed, staring at the floor with his shoulders slumped. You held his hand and rubbed it softly.

"I think I have a problem. I should check myself at the doctor or something," He said, heartbreak in his voice.

You couldn't take it anymore, you had to tell him this time. You didn't want him to remain in his misery for the rest of your marriage. Plus, you wanted a child just as bad.

"Jared the problem's me," You said and he smiled slightly. "Don't say that-"

"No I'm telling you the truth," You faced him and took a deep breath, "I-I... I can't conceive. I'm sorry."

He didn't say anything at all and it worried you. "W-What?" He questioned and you looked to the ceiling to stop the tears from rolling down your cheeks.

"After we tried the first time, I was convinced that I was pregnant even after the test showed negative," You explained, "I went to the doctor the next day and she told me that I have some issues with my reproductive system. I can't have a baby Jared. I'm so sorry!"

You burst into tears and he pulled you closer, wrapping his arms around you and rubbing your back. "B-Because of me you won't have any children. It's better i-if you marry someone e-else," You sobbed and he furrowed his eyebrows.

"Hey I can only love you. I will never live anyone as much as I love you okay?" He clarified and kissed your head, "We'll figure something out, maybe we can fix it."

"I-I don't know..."

"From now on, tell me everything that going on with you as soon as it happens," He instructed softly and you nodded. You felt so guilty for not telling him before, as soon as you got to know.

You both sat in silence, your crying steadied. Jared sat up straight with a slight smile on his face. "Hey, I've got an idea," He said happily and you asked him what it is, "Do you trust me? If yes, then leave it to me to figure out."

*****

The next afternoon...

Jared asked you to get dressed and you followed his orders. You were confused of course but he said, "Trust me, wear something casual."

You still felt like crap from yesterday. Jared looked like crap, he had bags under his eyes and he just looked... Tired, as if he was up all night on his laptop. Yet, he was still cheery. You decided to ditch the sorrow and looked forward to the trust you placed in your husband.

You both drive for a while, maybe half an hour and Jared doesn't tell you anything from the whole ride. It irritates you about but you remained motivated... For him.