Replacement (Dean Ft. Castiel)

🎶: 'Dead Man Walking' by The Script

___________________

Dean climbed out of the ground, clawing at the dirt and needing the fresh air desperately. He felt light headed, he needed oxygen soon otherwise he'd pass out.

The sun's heat waves pierced through his skin, Dean tried to find a spot of ground that wasn't as heated. He pulled himself out of the six feet deep whole and room a deep breath, chest heaving as he lay down.

Dean was seriously getting tired of the whole dying-and-coming-back deal. He needs to talk to Billie and get everything straight and sorted. She had told him that he still has time in his books, with him saving the world and all that heroic stuff.

He was standing in the middle of a dense forest, birds chirpes and leaves rustled in the soft breeze. He rubbed his eyes and looked around, his vision was still a little blurry. Dean tried to find any landmark cues to tell him where he was.

He found a diner that's a five minute drive from the Bunker up ahead in the distance after he squinted his eyes. He's in Lebanon, Kansas.

"I'm not far from home..." He mumbled, a fire starting up in his dried up throat. His muscles ached as he walked, being stiff for around four months isn't a breeze to go through.

After taking off his jacket that was messy and torned up, he bought a bottle of water from the diner, having enough change for it, and drank it in one go. People stared at him... He didn't care. Dean wanted to get home quick, he just wanted to see you.

*****

He paced around in the Bunker. There was no sign of you or Sam anywhere. All your belongings were gone, there were no devices to give him some sort of contact to you both-

He noticed a till on the table, it had receipts and papers, and a note that said:

There's enough food for you for a week more Sam. Call me if you need anything.
Cas and I are at the Sunset Inn.

[y/n/n] xx

Dean smiled a bit then frowned... he missed you so much. He desperately wanted to see if you were alright. It seemed like you are but he wanted to know in person.

"Sunset Inn... isn't that the one in Colorado?" He talked to himself then raised his eyebrows, "Yeah... Colorado."

He walked to his bedroom and decided to freshen himself up and pack his bags for his drive-

"Where the HELL is Baby?!" He yelled then gulped. Dean assumed that you or Sam took his car, hoping that it's doing alright.

He continued to dump clothes into his duffel bag and carried a pistol and an extra Angel blade. After taking a shower he went into the kitchen and found two beers left in the fridge.

Dean walked back up the stairs and exited the Bunker, slinging the bag over his shoulder and walking to a bus station. He was anyways too tired to drive all the way down to the next state.