In The Shadows (Krystal x Dean)

This imagine was requested by asrjsk. I hope it's what you wanted!
(Sorry for the delay)

________________

You moped around the Bunker, while the voices of Sam and Dean talking to each other echoed through the entire building. You drew near to where they were standing, in the archives, but sulked when you heard another voice.

"What about the suspect of 1965?" Castiel asked and your heart sunk. No one talks to you anymore, no one cares... It's as if you don't even exist in their lives, in this place.

Feeling even worse than before you decide to turn around and bury yourself under your quilt and cry for the rest of the evening. You suffer from temporary depression, it isn't a treat at all.

But you couldn't live with being treated like this anymore. You had to talk to someone about it.

Castiel... I'll talk to Castiel. He'll understand me, I'm the closest to him, You thought.

You're a Nephilim, both your parents are dead though. That's sort of how you met the Winchesters. Because you're a Nephilim, it sort of brought you and Cas to know each other better. He protected you through everything. It was like he was your big brother... He sort of is actually.

You took a deep breath before entering the archives, hoping that you wouldn't regret this.

"C-Cas?" You mumbled and the boys turned to look at you immediately, much to your surprise. "Hey Krystal, what's up?" Sam greets but you constantly look to Cas.

"Cas, can I talk to you in private?" You ask and he nods his head slowly, following you to your bedroom. Once you both enter, you shut the door and sit on your bed. He sits down next to you and looks your way with worry.

"What is the matter Krystal?" He asks and you sigh, shutting your eyes. "No one I'm this isolated building notices me anymore... It's as if I'm some ghost defining around with no purpose," You told him and he frowns, "Even you don't talk to me anymore Cas, we're best friends!"

He stared into your ice blue eyes and you looked back at his piercing blue ones. You always thought his eyes were the prettiest you've seen.

"I apologize for making you feel this way. I had no idea... That was wrong, I should have noticed that you aren't happy with our attitude towards you," Castiel said and you hugged him, unexpectedly. He chuckled a bit then hugs you back.

"Cas... I have something to tell you but don't tell anyone," You mumbled into his ear. You pull away be hold his hands, moving closer to him. "You know what hurts the most?" You said and tears glistened your eyes, "Dean doesn't even give a damn about me, and it hurts because I... I-I love him and I'm not sure if that's the right thing to feel."

THUD! THUD! THUD!

"Open up! I need to talk to you Krystal," Dean exclaimed as if you messed something of his up. You looked to Cas with fright and swallowed hard before walking to the door and opening it.

Dean stood there, arms crossed and watched you with eyes squinted. "Cas, could you give the room to us?" He requested, his gaze not shifting from you.

Castiel walked out and while doing so, squeezed your shoulder. You backed away after Dean marched in. You were genuinely terrified.

You've seen him angry and it's probably the only thing you're scared of. You definitely don't want to witness him taking his anger out in you.

"Dean I'm sorry, I don't know what I've done but I'm sorry for it-"

"Krystal, you didn't do anything wrong! The problem is me, I'm the one who you should be yelling at," He said loudly and you held your hands together, "I heard the conversation you were having with Cas."

He looked at you softly then walked towards you, "I'm sorry for not giving you my time and for not making you feel like you're a valuable member of the team. You are way more valuable than Sam and I make it seem."

Your muscles relax as his voice relaxes as well. "Cas is doing way better than we are. At least he's spending time with you and talking to you," Dean continues, "I know that having a crap load of work dumped on us to go through isn't an excuse... I should be more aware about others' feelings."

You rush to him and wrapped your arms around his neck, standing on your toes to reach his height. He gasps a bit then embraces you. You felt safe on his arms and you broke down into tears.

"D-Dean... I love you," You whisper between sobs into his ear and he feel him smile softly.

"I... I love you too Krystal."