Thirty.

Song for this chapter: If You Love Her - Forest Blakk

I almost fall down the stairs when I see Jake standing in front of the kitchen counter with a cup of coffee in his hand. He turns around and smiles when he sees me.

"Morning." he says still looking at me.

"Morning."

Even when I walk down the few steps left and I get closer to him, stoping in front of the coffee machine, he still doesn't look away.

"Jake..."

"Nicole..."

We start talking at the same time only to stop at the same time and afterwards to start laughing at the same time. We're ridiculous.

"We have to talk." I say after we calm down. "About the kiss... and more. This time we have to talk, for real." I continue and he nods agreeing with me.

"That's exactly what I wanted to say. I think it's time to just... be adults and talk about our feelings." he says trying not to laugh.

"Stop it." I point a finger at him trying not to laugh too. "We do have to be adults. Now... Talk." I say taking a sip from my coffee.

"What? Why me?" he asks outraged.

"Because last time, I was the one who wanted to talk and you just shut me off." I say making him silent.

"Fair enough." he says before he grabs my hand and he drags me to the dining table. "I don't even now how to begin." he says after we sit down.

"With the beginning." I say making him roll his eyes. "Do you... have feelings for me?" I say almost whispering.

"Yes." he says without hesitation. 

I bite my lip trying to stop myself from smiling. I just nod and stare at the coffee cup in my hand.

"Do you... have feelings for me?" he asks trying to look me in the eyes.

"Yes." I look at him.

He's just as happy as I am.

"What does that mean?" he asks.

"It means that we have feelings for each other. Which kind of makes things complicated." I say making him frown.

"Complicated? I don't think so. I think it solves everything."

"Does it?" I say raising an eyebrow. "Because, from where I'm standing, it's scary. I've never been in this position before. I was never in a relationship. I never had feelings for a guy. It's scary because I don't know what to do, or what I should do."

"Shouldn't you be listening to your heart in moments like this?" he frowns.

"My heart wants all in. Where do you think that's going to get me?"

"In a happy relationship." he says confident in his words.

"Really? Because we have a pretty complicated history. Fighting. Hating each other. Not trusting each other. Where would that happiness come from? Can you tell me that you'll know what you have to do? I have no idea how to handle a relationship. Do you? Can you handle "it" for both of us?" I ask making him sigh.

He covers his face with his hands and stops. It's a delicate situation. At least that's what I think. I don't know how to love. I don't know what to love. And neither does he. I can tell by how overwhelmed he seems. A first relationship is hard. Especially when it's a first for both parts. It can end up bad.

"We... We could try. We could take it slow."

"Do you think that will work?" I ask raising an eyebrow.

"Do you think we can go back to normal after this conversation? Can you forget this? Because I can't. I can't forget that the girl I have feelings for, has feelings for me too and that we live in the same fucking house, and I'm not doing anything about it."

The girl he has feelings for. I'm that girl. I'm the girl he has freaking feelings for.

"Then we'll try... and we'll take it slow." I say smiling a little.

He leans over and kisses me.

"I'm not going to get sick of that." he smiles.