Nineteen.

"I hate this." I mumble when I sit down.

   "It's not that bad." Kelly responds when she sits down next to me.

"Of course you say that. You're boyfriend is here. You love it when he stares at you."

I take another look at Jake and I catch the exact moment he looked at me.

And it happens again.

His eyes make me feel a shiver down my spine. Again. And he has the same look he always has when he's trying to read me. The look that makes me feel naked and weak.

I turn my head back to Kelly only to catch her staring at me too.

"What?"

   "I saw that!" she says outraged.

   "Saw what? There was nothing to see." I say raising my shoulders.

"Those looks between you and Jake... What the hell was that? What's going on between you two?" she asks raising her voice surprised.

"So?" Sophie saves me when she comes and sits next to us.

"So?" I ask raising my eyebrows amused.

   "So." Kelly says noding her head, making us laugh.

   "You're going to the party on Saturday, right? I mean, Nicole, of course you're going, but Kelly? I figured you'd be there two since Matthew is going to be there..." she says excited switching looks between me and Kelly.

   "Of course we'll be there. The entire school will be there." Kelly responds just as excited as Sophie.

   "What are you guys talking about?" I ask confused.

   "Jake's birthday party." Sophie says like it's obvious. "Don't tell me you didn't know about it." she frowns.

   "Well, I didn't..."

   "How the hell did you not know? You live with the guy." Kelly says skeptical.

   "We don't really talk. Plus... I don't even think he wanted me to know. Or to go."

   "You live there. I don't think he has a choice." says Sophie.

   "I don't get it. He's really that big of an idiot that he didn't even tell you about the party that's going to take place in the house you're living in?" says Kelly pissed.

   "So much for his present." Sophie mumbles making me laugh.

   "Anyway..." Kelly says trying to enlighten the mood. "The party starts at 8. We'll be there by 5. Is that ok?"

   "Why so early?" I frown.

   "We have to get ready." she says jumping her shoulders nonchalant.

   I look at Sophie and we both start laughing, which makes Kelly show us the middle finger.

   "You laugh now, but you'll be thanking me when you'll be the hottest at the party." she responds to our laughter.