Thirty one.

Song for this chapter: Capital Letters - Hailee Steinfeld

   "Fucking Dave." he mumbles after he closes the door behind his mom and her date.

   "Come on. He's nice." I say from the couch.

   "I'm sorry, do you want to go out with him too? He screwing my mom, he might as well screw my girlfriend too..." he mumbles jumping in the couch next to me.

   "First of all..." I say before I punch his arm. "Second of all... aw." I smile. "You called me your girlfriend."

   "Last time I checked that's how thinks were. Don't tell me you want Dave too now." he says and I punch his arm again.

   "Don't be a dick. Your mom likes him and he's a nice guy. Plus, they just went out for dinner." I say grabing the remote from his hands.

   "Yeah, dinner on Christmas's Eve. Not a big deal."

   "Jake." I say and he looks at me. "Let her be happy. She diserves that and you know it."

   "What are we watching." he changes the subject.

   "Cartoons." I smile.

"Yeah, right." he laughs.

"I'm serious." I say looking him in the eyes. "I was thinking The Amazing World of Gumball." I smile excited.

"This is how I'm spending my Christmas Eve?" he asks outraged.

   "You'll love it. Trust me."

   "You know what I would actually love?" he asks and I look at him. "This."

   He grabs my face and he starts kissing me. We slowly lean over the entire couch and now he's on top of me while we're making out. I wish I would stop because I don't want things to degenerate. But at the same time, I don't want him to stop doing anything he's doing now. Kissing me, caressing me, loving me. Anything. Everything. I love this moment.

   "Jake..." I say while still kissing.

   "Mhm." he mumbles.

   "This is not taking things slow." I say and he suddenly stops.

   "I'm sorry." he gets off me. "I... I didn't realize I was overstepping." he frowns getting mad at himself.

   "You weren't. We were kissing. That's perfectly fine. I just..."

   "I get it." he looks at me and smiles. "It's my fault. I promise I'll be more carefull next time."

   "It's not your fault." I grab his face with my hands when he tries to look away from me. "I would've overstepped too. That's why I had to stop now, while we still can stop..."

   "So... Cartoons?" he raises an eyebrow.

   "Yes." I smile happy.

   "No." he smiles too, mocking me. "I have a better idea." he says and now I'm the one raising an eyebrow. "Not that, you pervert."

   He grabs my hand and drags me up the stairs while I'm laughing at his joke. We walk into my room and he stops in front of my closet. He takes out a pair of jeans, a t-shirt and a sweater, three pairs of socks, a hat and my coat.

   "You put these on, I will go dress up too and I'll met you downstairs in 5 minutes." he says than kisses me and leaves the room.

   What the hell was that?

*

   While I'm walking down the stairs I look at him how he's trying so hard not to laugh and I feel the blood boiling in my vains. The worst part is that I don't know if it's because of all the clothes or that idiot's smile.

   "Are you having fun, Warren?" I puff when I get to him.

   "You look amazing." he mocks me.

   "Shut the fuck up." I mumble making him laugh.

   "Are you ready?" he asks smiling.

   "No. I was going to put a few more layers on then go sit next to the fireplace." I say sarcastically.

   "You're going to like this." he ignores my comment and grabs me by the hand and eventually we leave the house.

   I look at all the snow around us and I smile. It's nice. We don't really have snow in Italy. For 2 hours tops. If we're lucky and it actually snows. But our winters come down to rain. Lots of rain.

I scream when in front of me a snowball appears and hits me in the face. I try to shake it off but I fail, some of it getting under my clothes.

   "Jake, I'm going to kill you." I say between my teeth.

   "You'll have to catch me first." he yells before he runs away.

I start running after him around the house a few times and we throw some snowballs at each other, until one of us trips and drags us both to the ground. Now we're both covered in snow and cold and laughing.

"You don't want to do that." I yell when I see the snow he gathered around him.

"And why the hell not?" he asks raising an eyebrow.

"Because you love me?" I say with an innocent smile.

He stops for a second to look at me and I take advantage of that so I can gather some snow and throw it in his face, and eventually free myself.

"You're going to pay for that!" he yells as he starts running after me.

   Jake was right. This is better than cartoons.