Chapter 50: Perfected Imperfections

3 days ago [Hina's POV]

Even after days have passed since (Y/N) abandoned me and Onee-chan, I still hate him. It doesn't matter, Onee-chan and I don't need him. But, why is it when I say that it stings? Just then the front door opens and Onee-chan walks in.

"I'm home." Onee-chan announces.

"Welcome back Onee-chan." I greet her with a smile.

"Hello Hina." Onee-chan greets me back. However Onee-chan looks tired and disheveled.

"Are you alright? You look tired..." I ask her.

"Yes, I'm fine. Practice with Minato-san was just hard today." Onee-chan tells me.

"Okay... Onee-chan, why don't we do something together?" I suggest.

"I'm sorry Hina, but I'm too tired and I just want to rest." Onee-chan says with a downcast expression as she heads up to her room.

"Oh... okay." I say sadly.

Ever since (Y/N) abandoned us, Onee-chan hasn't been well. She always seems tired and distracted. She also has this sad and lost look in her eyes, it's almost as if she's lost all determination. This is all (Y/N)'s fault!

"Maybe I should do something." I say to myself. I need to distract myself from thinking about (Y/N).

I head to my room and try to make some aromatic oils. As I'm mixing together the oils, I immediately get bored and stop. Why is it that I get bored of things more easily now compared to before?

I then remember the date Onee-chan and I had with (Y/N) and the day that (Y/N) and I went stargazing. I remember always having fun and never getting bored being with (Y/N).

No!

I don't need (Y/N). He abandoned us. He never cared about us. I don't care about him, and I certainly don't need him to have fun.

"I don't need him." I tell myself. "I definitely don't need him. I don't ever want to see him again."

I then think about Onee-chan and how much (Y/N)'s absence has been affecting her. I remember how much Onee-chan liked (Y/N) and how (Y/N) supported Onee-chan. How much (Y/N) meant to Onee-chan.

But he's gone now and Onee-chan hasn't been herself...

What can I do? I know! I just need to fill in (Y/N)'s shoes for Onee-chan then she'll feel better. That'll prove that we don't need him. I quickly run to Onee-chan's room before remembering she was tired and decide to retire myself.

--------------------

The next day

Bright and early in the morning I quickly go to cook breakfast as it seems like something... he would do. As I begin making it I also make sure to pour a cup of coffee just in case Onee-chan is still tired. As I begin to plate our meals I hear Onee-chan's door open and her walk down, I quickly run to the kitchen entrance.

"Breakfast is ready Onee-chan." I tell her.

"Thank you Hina." Onee-chan says with a small smile.

"Let's eat together." I say.

"Okay." Onee-chan says and we head to the table and eat breakfast together.

"How do you feel Onee-chan?" I ask her. She gives me an odd look before she turns her head back down to her food.

"Still a bit tired..." Onee-chan says as I go and quickly get her the coffee I made earlier.

"Here you go Onee-chan." I say as I give her the cup of coffee.