Chapter 9: Joint Live

Today is the day of the joint live, everything is ready and everyone is excited for it. We're expecting a large number of people today who'll watch the live. Marina, Alisa and I are currently in the live area making last minute checks on the equipment.

"The speakers, amps, and microphones are all good." I report to Marina.

"The wires won't be tripping anyone anymore." Alisa follows up after moving a wire away, looking a bit upset since she tripped over one minutes ago.

"Okay now all that's left would be to check the lighting effects." Marina says before she turns down the lights and tests the lightning effects on the stage. They seemed to be working just fine.

"Lightning check, and we're all done here." Marina says turning the lights back up.

"Anything else we need to do?" I ask.

"Nothing for now just remember your roles. Both of you will be backstage and will direct the bands when they can go onstage and make sure nothing goes wrong from behind, simple." Marina reminds us. "You can take a break now. I'm just going to make some final checks."

With that Alisa and I head upstairs towards the lobby.

"I'm go out for walk for a while, wanna join me?" Alisa says.

"Nah, I'm just gonna stay here." I reply.

"Okay then, see ya later." Alisa says walking outside.

"Now to purge my mind of thoughts *murmurs*" I hear someone say from behind me.

"Oh, hello (Y/N)-san" I turn around to see Eve who was in her stage costume.

"Hello Eve, what were you doing just now?" I ask her.

"I was just focusing my mind. Like a kind of meditation." She says. "I always get nervous when we perform, so I like to do this to clear my mind."

"Hah~ I feel calm now." Eve says after taking deep breath.

"You costume looks cute Eve." I tell her and I don't know why I just did.

"You think so too (Y/N)-san? Ehehe, Thank you." Eve says with a slight blush.

"When I put on this outfit, I feel excited and filled with so much energy." Eve adds. "We wear matching outfits in different colors, so wearing it makes me feel like a member of Pastel Palettes."

"This outfit is like my battle armor!" Eve exclaims. "And the stage is our battlefield! Where the sound of Pastel Palettes and the audience's cheers collide! A battle of the greatest honor!"

"You seem passionate about this Eve." I say. "Guess I have to try to match that motivation."

"Thank you very much." Eve says. "That makes me happy! I'll keep doing my best."

"I-it cheers me up hearing you says that." Eve says with another slight blush to her cheeks. "After all it's thanks to the fans and staff that we're able to shine onstage."

"I'm going to head back to the dressing room." Eve tells me. "Please watch us from backstage. I want you to witness our bravery! See you later (Y/N)-san."

"See you Eve." I say to her as heads towards the dressing room.

"Guess I'll head out for some fresh air." I tell myself and head outside. As I step outside I see Rinko who's holding her hand to her chest.

"Rinko are you alright?" I ask while approaching her.

"...!? W-who's t-there?" Rink says startled. "Oh (Y/N)-san... it's you."