Chapter 18: Tears in the Rain

"We can end right here for today." Maya says as I simply nod in reply. Maya just finished teaching me more about music equipment maintenance.

"Are you okay?" Maya asks me concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine..." I say.

"You seemed a bit distracted today..." Maya says looking sad.

"Sorry Maya, I just have something on my mind. Don't worry, It not like I'm getting bored learning from you." I tell her.

"Is there anything I can do to help?" Maya says.

"No, it's fine. You're already teaching me. Besides, this is something I have to deal with by myself." I say looking down. I can't tell Maya since she's one of the girls that I like and why I feel like this. I can't let her know.

"Okay then." Maya says.

"Thanks again Maya." I thank her.

"No problem. I'll see you next time?" Maya says standing up.

"Yeah, I'll see you next time." I say forcing a small smile. Maya leaves while I decide to stay and try to get my bearings. Ever since what happened with Lisa, I've been feeling worse. I feel like a jerk who's trying to mess with their feelings, even if I know that I have no such desire. I have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by doing such as a thing. I know it's all in my head but these thoughts just keep intruding along with thoughts of hurting myself as punishment. Alisa has been very concerned for me recently and has been keeping close tabs on me, even my little sister is noticing. You don't know how lucky I feel to have a best friend like Alisa.

After a couple of minutes I decide to head upstairs into the lobby where I see Yukina and Lisa who had concerned looks on their faces.

"Hey there." I suddenly greet them which startles them.

"Oh (Y/N), it's you." Lisa says while smiling. I can't help but feel my heart race... then hurt.

"Did something happen?" I ask them.

"Well... Sayo just seemed off during practice." Lisa says.

"Off? how?" I ask further.

Yukina looks at me for a moment before she starts talking

"Sayo has been distracted and making mistakes during practice recently." Yukina explains.

"She must have something on her mind." I reason out. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Don't worry, you don't need to involve yourself. I'll try to talk to her myself." Yukina says.

"Speaking of seeming off, you seem out of it yourself (Y/N)." Lisa says looking concerned.

"What do you mean?" I ask as if I don't know.

"You look and your tone of voice just seems... depressed, you know." Lisa says.

"Oh that. I just have something heavy on my mind." I admit.

"Then you're in no shape to be helping someone." Yukina says to me bluntly.

"Yukina that's a bit..." Lisa says before I cut her off.

"Yukina's right. I'm in no condition to be helping someone at the moment. I know what I need to do. But I'm too afraid of facing it." I say feeling worse for myself.

"(Y/N)-san..." Yukina says.

"I'm sorry... but I'm gonna see if Marina can let me off early for today. I feel lifeless at the moment..." I say. "See you..."

"Okay, be careful." Lisa says, her voice full of concern as Yukina gives me a simple nod, yet has a face of concern.

I make my way over to Marina who was at the front counter and ask her if I could go home early. She allows me to go after I explain why. I thank her then head to get my things, I text Alisa that I'll being going first before I leave for the day. As I make my way outside, I could feel that Roselia was looking at me from the cafe. I don't look at them and continue on, as looking at them will only make it hurt more.